Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2009 Season - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Season

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    There are so many opportunities for DEs these days...
    I know, Steve. I was just looking forward to as many as possible with our club.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirichlet View Post
    There are a lot of nice tracks out there.
    Do the June BMW-Audi-MB school Thu-Fri and VIR.
    Then stay for the following Mazda school on Sat-Sun.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I am in for the VIR dates, Watkins Glen in May (Genessee Valley) or July (DelVal), Thunderbolt, and even a little Summit Point action. Wouldn't be opposed to a Mid-Ohio road trip either! Maybe an ITS is in your future???
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

The grapevine has informed me that our club will only have three schools this year, with an additional skidpad event (on the new facility at S.P.).

This is dissapointing to me. But, with that said, if the club needs to change to this format to remain viable, I can fully understand.

Who wants to hit up Thunderbolt and/or VIR and/or W.G. with me
    In addition to the 3 events at Summit Point (one on each track) our chapter will be participating with the Mercedes and Audi Clubs in the Marque Madness event on the renown full course at VIR on Thursday and Friday, June 11-12.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

http://www.mazdadrivers.com has their 2009 schedule posted.
    June 13-14 Grand East
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    In addition to the 3 events at Summit Point (one on each track) our chapter will be participating with the Mercedes and Audi Clubs in the Marque Madness event on the renown full course at VIR on Thursday and Friday, June 11-12.
    Good to hear that MM is back - there was a big hole in my June schedule this year. Never get to stay for the Mazda Drivers though since Le Mans is that weekend and it's just too much coverage for the DVR.

Registration for Marque Madness should be available some time in February.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Hey guys newbee question here, is there any track out there that just lets you do some lops without DE event? Track, where you just pay and go for lops.

Quote Originally Posted by davitaia View Post
    Hey guys newbee question here, is there any track out there that just lets you do some lops without DE event? Track, where you just pay and go for lops.
    Without an instructor or prior experience with a sign off? Not that I know of.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

That just sounds scary ... very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    That just sounds scary ... very scary.
    I hear it all the time at work. Usually there is also a, how fast can I go question. Last guy who called was an M5 driver who wanted to know if we used runways.
    No, that would be in Florida.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

How about verts, are they allowed in driving schools or autox?

Convertibles are fine for autocross! I suggest if you have little or no autocross experience, that you plan on attending our annual school.

More information here: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?o...id=7&Itemid=25

Calendar of events here: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?o...id=7&Itemid=26

Thanks, I'll be there.

Some tracks require rollbars. You would need to check with them.
    All BMW CCA schools require rollbars. Chapters have the option not to allow convertibles. NCC does not, as well as several others. You would need to check with other clubs and driving schools regarding convertibles.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information