Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
08-09 NCC Winter Karting Season

Thread: 08-09 NCC Winter Karting Season

08-09 NCC Winter Karting Season

As we enter December we also approach the traditional beginning of the NCC Karting Season. For 2008 the season will begin on December 14 as usual at Allsports Grand Prix. After running the NCC Karting League since it's inception, Brian Hair will become a participant and pass the direction of the league on to me. Brian will continue to set benchmark times on the track, so we will look forward to racing with him. I've gotten a lot of assistance from Gerald Haagensen, Gary Brown and Seth Brown in putting all of this together.

I have attached a document describing the new ideas that we have brought together to add some new concepts to the 08-09 season. As you may know, last year we experimented with heavier racers in Super Karts and this year we will form Weight Classes and keep point totals giving trophies to racers in three weight classes. We will also give trophies to the top three overall points winners. Of particular importance is the NCC subsidy that will reduce each club member's costs by $10 per event. That will pay back your BMW CCA membership pretty fast. Take a look at the list below and the attached document.

If you have questions post them here others may have the same thoughts and we can answer them for everyone. The NCC Karting Web Page should be online soon, but I wanted to get this out so those who might be interested can see what we have planned.

Hope to see you an Allsports!

Steve Tenney

Racing in Three Weight Classes (subject to further refinement)!
    • Under 175lbs
    • 176 – 202lbs
    • Over 202lbs
    Rate Discount for BMW CCA Members!
    • Member Rate - $60/event
    • Non-Member Rate - $70/event
    End of Season Awards Banquet Catered by Cuisine Solutions!
    Rookie of the Year!
    Lady Racer of the Year!
    Race Formats
    • Qualifying: 15 laps
    • Micro GP: 4 x 20-lap races
    • Mini GP : 2 x 40-lap races
    Trophies Awarded (1st – 3rd) in each Weight Class!
    Overall Point Championship Trophies (1st – 3rd)!
    Trophy for Lady Racer of the Year (Danica Patrick Award)!
    Trophy for Rookie of the Year!
    9th Annual Superbowl Grand Prix – Team Races
    Attached Files Attached Files

Steve Tenney
    08 M3 SS, 11 X6 AW

Can't wait Steve! I'm right at 17X lbs....guess I'm going to have to eat a big breakfast Sunday mornings so I don't get bumped into the lightweight class!

Also nice sig and WHAT you got the new M3??? Congrats!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by stenney View Post
    Racing in Three Weight Classes (subject to further refinement)!
    • Under 175lbs
    • 176 – 202lbs
    • Over 202lbs
    Nude, or dressed and equipped to race? Will there be scales there?
    Woody
    174 lbs
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thanks, Craig. I got the E92 in June. Sold my E46 to a friend so it went fast. It's a great car. How's the M-Coupe doing? If seen some of the in car video. Very good.

Woody, we will have a scale. Weight is fully outfitted with helmet, gloves, etc. Equipped to race. Helmet and suit required.

Steve Tenney
    08 M3 SS, 11 X6 AW

Woody's going to kart this year??? Sweet!

Steve, the Mcoupe's going well...it's been a fun and a handful at the same time.

With all that gear...I'm for sure going to be in the middle weights.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Maybe I'll join this year due to lack of tracktime this summer. It sounds like fun. I'm about 195-200...how much does a suit and helmet weigh? or maybe I'll just stop at Bob Evans before

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when will we be able to register through the NCC website?

Monday before?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Yeah the Monday evening before. We started doing that last year.

Steve Tenney
    08 M3 SS, 11 X6 AW

Quote Originally Posted by stenney View Post
    Yeah the Monday evening before. We started doing that last year.
    Good Stuff, thanks for the info.
    '94 e36
    '89 e24 Turbo
    '87 e24

Gotta start binge eating this week! I'm about 170 now

What's up with registration?!?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Hello Steve,
    your registration mail reply says contact me, but there is no contact information.
    how do we contact you, other than here.

N/M i just looked at the PDF. your e-mail is there. sorry..
    Last edited by BMW-0641; 01-10-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: user err.

Thread Information