Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
IE Camber Plate -- Strut Pulled Out

Thread: IE Camber Plate -- Strut Pulled Out

Unhappy IE Camber Plate -- Strut Pulled Out

I have Ireland Engineering adjustable camber plates on my Cooper S. They're similar in design to the IE plates for the E36. The other day I had the front left wheel off, and as I went to put it back on, and the strut pulled out of the camber plate. The bearing was still attached at the end of the strut. I lined it up with the hole as I lowered the car back down to the ground, but the bearing doesn't look as if it's pushed in as far as the right one anymore. Before I lowered it, I took out the plate to look at it. I didn't see what it looked like before they were installed, but it doesn't appear that there's anything keeping the bearing in the mount except the weight of the car. I suspect the answer is that I have to buy new plates. Anyone seen this before?

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

Missing a circlip.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Failed urethane

Looks like the urethane failed. IE has offered to replace under warranty which is very cool. Photos posted here. Since I have to take everything apart anyway, time for new struts... ho ho ho

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

Interesting. I'll be ordering camber plates for my E30 soon, so I'm thinking "negative" on the IE product. (I wonder if it's just a rebranded part made by someone else...?)

Anyway, I'm glad they're standing behind it. I kind of like Ireland.
    Scott Lowrey

The IE camber plate for the e30 is different. I'm running the race plates, change them to and from race settings every autox, and no problems.

Thread Information