Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Need a New Floor Jack
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a New Floor Jack

Banned

Need a New Floor Jack

Looking for recommendations for new floor jack. 2 ton minimum with a lift of 18in +. Doesnt have to be aluminum or able to fit under lowered cars.

Have read bad reviews of Sear floor jacks seems they like to spew oil etc and just dont last like they used. Some reviewers got them home and they spewed their guts out on the first use.

My old $40 Pep Boys floor jack just doesnt work on the Element. And it still works.

Price under $200 preferred. Local or mail order.

TIA

Dave Apker and the collies

My aluminum Sears jack has been fine for +4 years.
    The only problem I had was that I stored the jack sideways in my trunk and the fluid leaked out. No fault to the design. Added fluid, bled the air, and it's been fine ever since.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Wink I had to ask....

Except for the jack not working...how did you ever know the fluid leaked in the trunk???
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    Except for the jack not working...how did you ever know the fluid leaked in the trunk???
    I saw a slight drip and I figure air got in.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

i have one of the sears steel body, aluminum frame jacks. been working perfectly for 5 years....that includes both shop duty and primary track jack.

i also have one of the (eek) harbor freight aluminum jacks. the $100 one, not the $79 one. been working great for 8 years. it was my primary shop and track jack until i got the sears jack. now the unit is the back up/second jack for both shop and track.

AC Hydraulics DK20. The only thing better is the DK13HLQ - but I wouldn't use the 13HLQ on my truck.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

My Sears aluminum jack has done me well for 3+ years.

My Sears Craftsman (steel ~ 50 lbs) has worked great for 3 or 4 years.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Floor Jacks

Dave,

I have the Sears jack, red alum body for like 4+ years and it has been to many events and tossed around and it has always worked well for me.
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...Lift+Equipment

Got mine on sale for $159.00, but that has been over 4 years ago.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Haven't had good luck with Sears/Craftsman jacks - went with Hein-Werner

I went through two Sears/Craftsman jacks over the years and wanted something that would just work and last. I went with a Made in the USA Hein-Werner about three years ago and its been great. I got the three-ton, but they also make a two-ton. At the time, the best price I found was from nationaltoolwarehouse.com, and they truck shipped it to me from their Baltimore warehouse. They still appear to carry them, but it looks like prices have gone up quite a bit. AC Hydraulics as mentioned by another post have a great reputation, but are pricier still - pelicanparts.com carry them I think. Good luck.

an old thread, but i just bought the AFF-200T and it looks like it will be perfect(for me). Only had it an hour so i can only post pictures.

Jared
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1228.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1230.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1231.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	714  

Quote Originally Posted by 87325is View Post
    an old thread, but i just bought the AFF-200T and it looks like it will be perfect(for me). Only had it an hour so i can only post pictures.

Jared
    Very nice!

How high does the arm extend?

20"

ordered from http://www.asedeals.com/automotive_floor_jacks.html

Shipping was quick. Price included (they ship from AFF)

Jared
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1232.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	716  

That looks like a great jack for home use, but at 99 lbs it's not something I'd want to put in and out of my trunk all the time.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    That looks like a great jack for home use, but at 99 lbs it's not something I'd want to put in and out of my trunk all the time.
    No kidding. 100# is HEAVY!

Thread Information