Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Off Season

Thread: Off Season

Off Season

Jonathan, Bogdan, Pete:

Wanted to thank you all for a fun and safe autocross season.

I tell all my friends about what we do - it's a lot of fun and we have a good bunch of people.

I tell them the most about the autocross school that we did in the beginning of the season because I really felt it was invaluable and a great starting point towards mastering car control... especially the skid pad (even I had no idea what the hell was really going on at the time).

I know several autocrossers that would be interested in doing something like a car control clinic during the off months, and was wondering if that could be something that is organizable using your relations at Sykesville.

It could be only skid pad time, as a way to keep in shape, or could be sold as a 'pre-winter car control seminar' to remind people of the potential hazards of winter.. maybe an 'it's cold as a mother and icy out learn what not to do and/or how to save you butt clinic'.

Just some thoughts - was a fun season.

Oh yeah.. I have most of my videos on youtube at www.youtube.com/gol737 if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Jonathan, Bogdan, Pete:

Wanted to thank you all for a fun and safe autocross season.

I tell all my friends about what we do - it's a lot of fun and we have a good bunch of people.

I tell them the most about the autocross school that we did in the beginning of the season because I really felt it was invaluable and a great starting point towards mastering car control... especially the skid pad (even I had no idea what the hell was really going on at the time).

I know several autocrossers that would be interested in doing something like a car control clinic during the off months, and was wondering if that could be something that is organizable using your relations at Sykesville.

It could be only skid pad time, as a way to keep in shape, or could be sold as a 'pre-winter car control seminar' to remind people of the potential hazards of winter.. maybe an 'it's cold as a mother and icy out learn what not to do and/or how to save you butt clinic'.

Just some thoughts - was a fun season.

Oh yeah.. I have most of my videos on youtube at www.youtube.com/gol737 if anyone is interested.
    Noel,

Thank you very much for the positive comments. It was a pleasure having you at each of our events this year. We know we have you hooked and know we will be seeing you around for quite some time.

As far as an additional event this year, it's going to have to be a no-go. The reason is that by the time we plan it, get a lot, and then have a registration period, we will already be around Thanksgiving. Holiday time is no good for anyone.

On the positive side, we will be starting a bit earlier next year with our first event in March. We are planning an eight event year, with six points events, one school, and one limited entry test and tune. This will keep us busy from March until October which will be a great season.

Start telling your friends about the school now and get them to sign-up with the BMWCCA so they will be able to get in. As you know, our school is aimed specifically at individuals with VERY limited experience or none at all.

Thanks again,

Jonathan Thayer

Thread Information