Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Upcoming Autocrosses

Thread: Upcoming Autocrosses

Upcoming Autocrosses

Autocrossers, Inc. is hosting Sunday, Oct 26 at FedEx Field. SCCA Classes and you run with your class. Registration at www.dlbracing.com
    On the October calendar, used the drop down window to pick the organization and then click on the red car in the Oct 26 block.
    This is the last chance to drive the big FedEx field lot this year.

National Road Autosports' Cumberland Airport series concludes Oct 25-26. You can run either day or both days. They are considered different events and use different courses.
    SCCA Classes. Western Maryland is beautiful this time of year.
    http://www.nationalroadrally.com/info.html
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I'm thinking of doing this, never done with AutoX Inc., just 4 times with NCC. How do the events differ?

Also, I had the Dinan Oil Cooler put on my '07 335i sedan (non-sport package). Would that put me into a different class (I believe I'm in F Stock, but would the oil cooler, by itself, make me prepared or modified?) I would think not, but the SCCA rules didn't give me a quick answer. I haven't made any other mods (yet!) to the car.

I am also debating running as a Novice (which I am), is that a good idea?

Thanks for the suggestions and info!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    I'm thinking of doing this, never done with AutoX Inc., just 4 times with NCC. How do the events differ?

Also, I had the Dinan Oil Cooler put on my '07 335i sedan (non-sport package). Would that put me into a different class (I believe I'm in F Stock, but would the oil cooler, by itself, make me prepared or modified?) I would think not, but the SCCA rules didn't give me a quick answer. I haven't made any other mods (yet!) to the car.

I am also debating running as a Novice (which I am), is that a good idea?

Thanks for the suggestions and info!
    I consider it ridiculous, but the SCCA stock class rules say if the 2007 335i without sport package did not come with an oil cooler, it cannot be added. This is even if the oil cooler was a dealer installed factory option. I say ridiculous because the solo stock class rules allow the installation of expensive aftermarket items such as shocks, front sway bars, light weight exhaust systems, and super sticky no tread DOT autocross tires that will make the car faster. The oil cooler will not make the car faster, but might improve its long-term durability. I will say (off my soapbox now) that as a novice in an otherwise bone-stock car, it is not likely that any of your competitors in this local event would protest you. This would change if you start running regularily and do well in your class next year. So it's your call.

Autocrossers, Inc. is somewhat unique in this area with their novice class. (They also have a "Pro" class which many local hot shoes enter. Right now there are 4 entries in the Novice class and only two in the regular F Stock class (one is the National champion!).
    The novice and pro classes have their times indexed against the expected performance for cars in each class. Personally, I don't like the existance of the novice, pro, or ladies classes. Again, it's your call.
    Woody

Thanks, I was afraid of that!

Well, at some point in the (hopefully not to distant) future I intend to make other mods, including the suspension and ECU flash, so I would have ended up out of stock eventually anyway.

What category would I be in if I don't go in the Novice group?

Sounds like I don't want to be in the F Stock for this event anyway (not that I can be), going against a National champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    What category would I be in if I don't go in the Novice group?

Sounds like I don't want to be in the F Stock for this event anyway (not that I can be), going against a National champion!
    Hmmm. Going through SCCA's Solo car listings I don't see the 335i in any of the street touring or street prepared classes. http://www.scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=61
    Can anyone help? So as far as I can see your choices are Street Modified or Stock. For this event I would chose F Stock. Even if you run Novice, you have to declare what class your car should be in.
    Woody

It should be eligible for STU next year, I'm pretty sure they tossed the single turbo limitation.

I'm not sure which SP class it falls under.

For local stuff I wouldn't worry about an oil-cooler.

The primary difference is that the events are much less casually run and there is NO ON SITE SIGN UP. Well, that and the courses are MUCH longer and MUCH faster.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

I love the NCC autox's don't get me wrong, but it's hard to beat FedEx lots. There's just so much more course they can work with. NCC autox has it's own perks with great courses and BMW's, but if you're looking for a good cross between NCC (informal and fun) and SCCA (very formal which doesn't allow as much fun), AXinc is a great group to run with.

You won't be disappointed...you should really come out.

PS. I mentioned the courses were longer, so hint hint...walk them at least twice.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thread Information