Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Oct 18 DIY Event?

Thread: Oct 18 DIY Event?

Hybrid View

Oct 18 DIY Event?

Is the 10/18 DIY event on? I see there are people registered but the status is "awaiting review" and I haven't received any email traffic on it. Just curious...
    2002 330i stahlblau metallic (ZPP/ZSP/ZCW); Dinan S; UUC EVO 3 short shifter, clutch stop, and clutch arm bushings; ///M3 steering wheel & ///M shift knob; lip spoiler; clear corners & sidemarkers; hardwired V1

Arrow DIY #10 at Curry's

The October 18th DIY is on, and our Chapter coordinator Phillip is due back tomorrow from an out-of-town trip. All applicants should have received a system generated message which said, in part:

Your application to participate in 2008 DIY Session #10 (Dulles, VA 20151) has been successfully submitted and is awaiting review by the DIY Committee. After review of all submitted applications, the DIY Coordinator will contact you directly via email to notify you of acceptance into the event. Typically this occurs no later than the Wednesday before the DIY Event.

Please wait until after you have received acceptance to remit the $15.00 participation fee. A link will be provided in the acceptance confirmation email to pay via PayPal.

Thanks again for your support of the National Capital Chapter's DIY Program.

2008 DIY Committee

The DIY Committee has in fact reviewed all applicants, and is awaiting final guidance from the Sponsor before sending the confirmation e-mail. Because of issues outside Chapter control, that may not occur until tomorrow.

Hope this helps,
    Alan

Thanks for the update; I must have missed the previous email. Sounds good!
    2002 330i stahlblau metallic (ZPP/ZSP/ZCW); Dinan S; UUC EVO 3 short shifter, clutch stop, and clutch arm bushings; ///M3 steering wheel & ///M shift knob; lip spoiler; clear corners & sidemarkers; hardwired V1

how do you sign up?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by martinj View Post
    how do you sign up?
    You sign-up by going to the home page, chapter programs link, DIY program registration. The next DIY is scheduled for Nov 15 at Convenience Car Care in Manassas, VA. The Registration will open on 25 Oct 08. I hope this helps. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Thanks man, i missed the registration deadline for Curry's. I'll try and sign up for the next one. Hopefully I can walk in this Saturday, I wanted to replace my belts.

Parts Availability

I understand Curry's will not have any parts available. Could someone confirm if this is true? For those of us bringing older BMWs to the event (85 535i), we often need at least three or four days lead time to get the parts we will need, since they are often not stocked at the dealer. I guess I will call my local dealer tomorrow to see what they can get by Saturday, particularly the valve cover gasket and the fuel filter. I was planning on doing a service II.

If this is true, that the host will not be selling parts, given the guidance in the DIY information that all parts should be sourced from the host, if there is a situation where a vendor will not be selling parts, we need to have sufficient lead time to make sure that we can get what we need. I understand a lot of work goes into these, so I am willing to help, and not just complain, but the timing here is not what it should be.

Raymond Lombardo
    BMWCCA 176819

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by raymondalombardo View Post
    I understand Curry's will not have any parts available. Could someone confirm if this is true? For those of us bringing older BMWs to the event (85 535i), we often need at least three or four days lead time to get the parts we will need, since they are often not stocked at the dealer. I guess I will call my local dealer tomorrow to see what they can get by Saturday, particularly the valve cover gasket and the fuel filter. I was planning on doing a service II.

If this is true, that the host will not be selling parts, given the guidance in the DIY information that all parts should be sourced from the host, if there is a situation where a vendor will not be selling parts, we need to have sufficient lead time to make sure that we can get what we need. I understand a lot of work goes into these, so I am willing to help, and not just complain, but the timing here is not what it should be.

Raymond Lombardo
    BMWCCA 176819
    I agree Ray and believe we need to allow a few more days lead time to insure our members are served better by the program. We will definitely examine our policy as soon as possible and make any added adjustments necessary, we appreciate your patience and understand.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    I agree Ray and believe we need to allow a few more days lead time to insure our members are served better by the program. We will definitely examine our policy as soon as possible and make any added adjustments necessary, we appreciate your patience and understand.
    Well, the offer of help still stands. Let me know if you need any. Don't want to just bitch and whine.

Raymond Lombardo
    BMWCCA 176819

Ray,

I am bringing my 1988 M6 to the DIY to do a coolant change and replace my alternator bushings. I have never attempted either one of these seemingly simple tasks. Your 535i is of similiar vintage an configuration and I would appreciate any assistance and or advice at the event. Thanks.

-Orlando

P.S. I'm a walk in, so I'm not even sure I will get a spot.
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    Such the politician answer, Zach. Will you be there 2morrow?
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Arrow DIY #10 tomorrow at Curry's

Hello Orlando,

We understand that you are considering coming to Curry's/Dulles as a "Walk-Up". Our time is from 9 AM to 2 PM. Please be advised that
    1. Curry's has requested our folks use only 1 to 2 hours on-lift.
    2. We will be sharing Curry's with at least 13 PCA Porsches, who were invited before our NCC Curry's venue was confirmed.
    3. NCC accepted 13 members before we closed Applications.
    4. It would be very good to see you; however, we cannot guarantee you can get on a lift.
    5. Please remember that the "Walk-Up" workers' fee is $25.
    Cheers,

Alan
    DIYCom

Thread Information