Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
No Formula 1 in North America in 2009

Thread: No Formula 1 in North America in 2009

No Formula 1 in North America in 2009

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...8/10/8483.html

I guess it's too expensive to come to North America now?!?!?

I wonder if any of the manufacturers will move to another series. I know F1 isn't big bucks on this side of the world, but I know people still follow it.

This should be a big chance for IndyCar and ALMS to snatch more fans as F1 seems to become more and more irrelevant over here.

They threatened cancelation of the Montreal race a few years ago and the city and fan demand got it back on the schedule.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

It's a shame and very strange I think. I enjoy watching the racing in other series, but I like F1 because of the technology involved. As far as I know, no other racing series have that amount of technology and development and what comes with it.

I hope this is just another episode of "Bernie's Brinksmanship". I despise that man's stranglehold on F1 commercial interests - especially considering he doesn't even own a majority stake in FOM anymore!

Amusing digression: FOM is part of the Formula One Group now.... FOG. How appropriate.

Anyway, I hope they at least get Canada back on the calendar. I have hotel reservations and a ticket order!
    Scott Lowrey

I went to the 2007 GP in Montreal....was an amazing time! This is kinda ridiculous.
    Pulak Datt
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - 1987 BMW 325is - driver's school, autoX,....and hopefully SpecE30 one day.
    - 2005 Honda Civic Si - daily driver
    - 1992 Suzuki GS500E - learner moto
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a feeling among some that so many drivers, teams, fans and sponsors want the Candian GP to continue that it's worth a petition to FIA. You can sign the petition at:
    www.savethecanadiangrandprix.com

Woody
    Woody

According to the new AutoWeek, the Montreal Mayor, Canada Minister of Public works, and Quebec Tourism Minster returned from a fact-finding meeting with F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone, and are going to work resolving the issues so a race in 2009 can take place. The cancelled French GP could provide the necessary date for a Montreal GP.
    Woody

2009 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    According to the new AutoWeek, the Montreal Mayor, Canada Minister of Public works, and Quebec Tourism Minster returned from a fact-finding meeting with F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone, and are going to work resolving the issues so a race in 2009 can take place. The cancelled French GP could provide the necessary date for a Montreal GP.
    The 2009 F1 schedule is out and there's no Canadian GP.
    My wife and I went to the 2006 and 2008 Canadian races and we were going again in 2009, but now we can't.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Thread Information