Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Lots, first event, etc. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lots, first event, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    Sounds good to me... Are you volunteering to write it?

---Eric
    How's this for a dad-like statement:

In order for us to continue to enjoy autocrossing throughout the area, it is important that all autocross participants and their guests understand how important it is to act in a manner that reflects our image as a safe and responsible organization. The primary means of doing this is to insist that everyone associated with our events drive as responsible and mature adults not just on the autocross course, but more importantly on the grounds of the host site and in the surrounding neighborhoods. One immature driver can cause the entire group to lose the use of what are increasingly becoming rare and valuable: our autocross venues. We ask that our members and their guests take on the mission of self-policing, and eliminate any of this sort of immature behavior before it results in the loss of one of our host sites.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum

In order for us to continue to enjoy autocrossing throughout the area, it is important that all autocross participants and their guests understand how important it is to act in a manner that reflects our image as a safe and responsible organization. The primary means of doing this is to insist that everyone associated with our events drive as responsible and mature adults not just on the autocross course, but more importantly on the grounds of the host site and in the surrounding neighborhoods. One immature driver can cause the entire group to lose the use of what are increasingly becoming rare and valuable: our autocross venues. We ask that our members and their guests take on the mission of self-policing, and eliminate any of this sort of immature behavior before it results in the loss of one of our host sites.

Alex
    Looks good to me. Thanks! Anyone else have suggestions/input?

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Alex
    First sentence - redundant and too wordy.
    Second sentence - run-on

Just kidding. Nice; but, no one will read it. It's too long.

WITH EDITS. I just eliminated wording and revised a bit.

It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please drive responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    Second sentence - run-on

Agreed and agreed and agreed. How's this:

In order for us to continue autocrossing throughout our region, all participants and their guests must understand how important it is to act in a manner that reflects our image as a safe and responsible organization. We insist that everyone associated with our events drive responsibly not just during the event, but more importantly on the grounds of the host site and it's surrounding neighborhoods. We ask everyone to self-police, and eliminate any immature behavior before it results in the loss of one of our host sites.

Alex

Second sentence - run-on

Should I even comment on the fact you of all people complained about the length of something written?

Maybe we could have it sent as part of the registration confirmation. We could hide their registration # within it so everyone is forced to read it.

Actually, we could re-arrange it a little so it starts with what we are asking people to do (drive responsibly and ask their guests to do so also) then follow with the reasons.

Dang... You guys type fast. I just hit preview and notice you had already replied... Oh well, I don't feel like editing my post.

---Eric

Our edits crossed. Yours is shorter, so it's prolly better.

I always thought you guys got paid by the word....

:smile:

Alex

Our edits crossed. Yours is shorter, so it's prolly better.

I always thought you guys got paid by the word....

:smile:

Alex
    I liked the self-police section in the original or we should recommend people mention this to their guests. I believe most of our members are already aware of the issues but sometimes their guests aren't.

---Eric

I liked the self-police section in the original or we should recommend people mention this to their guests. I believe most of our members are already aware of the issues but sometimes their guests aren't.

---Eric
    You choose. I'd just like to see it somewhere, and whenever possible we reference it.

Alex

You choose. I'd just like to see it somewhere, and whenever possible we reference it.

Alex
    How about if we just change the last line?

It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please make sure you and your guests drive responsibly.

---Eric

How about if we just change the last line?

It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please self-police your guests and drive responsibly.

---Eric
    Edited.

Edited.
    I like it.

---Eric

I like it.

---Eric
    Looks good.

Alex

Sorry. I lost track. What is the final version?

And Eric, the registration form and script will reside in your testdirectory so you can make changes as needed. The registration willpullyour script and form. I just added a date modified script to thebottom the page.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 02-14-2005 at 07:52 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    Sorry. I lost track. What is the final version?
    I think this one will work:

It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please self-police your guests and drive responsibly.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    And Eric, the registration form and script will reside in your testdirectory so you can make changes as needed. The registration willpullyour script and form. I just added a date modified script to thebottom the page.
    Thanks Steven. Looks like I have a little work ahead of me.

---Eric

Thread Information