Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Lots, first event, etc.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lots, first event, etc.

Lots, first event, etc.

Hey everyone,

I've been a bit out of the loop with regard to the '05 season.

Do we have a schedule in line? Do we need to meet to start setting that up? I see Eric has gotten us going for the council event, but what about the rest of the season?

Also, have we contacted the Baysox, Lincoln Tech and Ripken to see about lot availability? We would probably want to do that sooner rather than later. Maybe Kevin can chime in here and help us get going.

John
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

John,

We have a tentative schedule on the site right now (check the calendar of events). We still might have to move some things around to reduce conflicts with other events. We should have better dates within the next couple weeks.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

what's the deal with the rumor that Rosecroft is no longer avail?
    Wonger
    #199 Salazar Blue/White IP/GTS3 M3
    http://www.brakeswap.com
    http://www.roadracetech.com

Quote Originally Posted by magnetic1
    what's the deal with the rumor that Rosecroft is no longer avail?
    I think it is still available... It just isn't usable anymore. The pot-holes there have gotten too bad.

---Eric

They were too bad tooo years ago.

As a heads up, the GM plant on Broening Highway in Dundalk will be closing at some point in the not too distant future. There appear to be HUGE lots all around the plant. It may not be of use this season, but maybe some point in the future.

It's a lot more convenient to those from the DC area than Ripken; it's just off the first exit past the Fort McHenry tunnel.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum
    As a heads up, the GM plant on Broening Highway in Dundalk will be closing at some point in the not too distant future. There appear to be HUGE lots all around the plant. It may not be of use this season, but maybe some point in the future.

It's a lot more convenient to those from the DC area than Ripken; it's just off the first exit past the Fort McHenry tunnel.

Alex
    Thanks. Unfortunately the future for that lot is uncertain. The governor is trying to get it donated to them for re-development (http://www.thewbalchannel.com/money/3922447/detail.html).

Quote Originally Posted by article
    The governor said he's pressing GM officials to "gift" the 182-acre plant site to Maryland, so the state can try to redevelop it as an office and industrial park.
    ---Eric

A neighbor told me he read in my local Harford County newspaper that Ripken was going to stop hosting autocrosses because of the wear and damage to the lot surface. I missed the article, but has anyone else heard anything like this?

It appears that others (Philly SCCA) has dates booked out through 2005 at Ripken, so maybe my neighbor gave me bad information?

Alex

Half of the truth. I unfortunatly cannot say at this time what's going on, but in the near future.

The dates (and locations) have been posted.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?autocross

---Eric

There is plenty of time but at some point I need directions to Ripkin. Try to do it an the same format as the directions to Bowie and Manassas for the sake of continuity.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    There is plenty of time but at some point I need directions to Ripkin. Try to do it an the same format as the directions to Bowie and Manassas for the sake of continuity.
    You can put a link to http://ripkenbaseball.com/aberdeen/directions/

I wouldn't post the directions they have from DC... I would just use the directions they use from Baltimore:
    Take I-95 NORTH
    Continue on I-95 NORTH
    Take the MD-22 exit- exit number 85- towards ABERDEEN/CHURCHVILLE.
    Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp.
    Turn LEFT onto MD-22 W/ABERDEEN TRWY/CHURCHVILLE RD.
    MD-22 W/ABERDEEN TRWY/CHURCHVILLE RD becomes MD-22/CHURCHVILLE RD.
    Turn RIGHT onto LONG DRIVE.

---Eric

How about exit I-95 at MD-22 (exit 85) towards Aberdeen.
    Left at light for MD-22
    At the first light after crossing over I-95 make a right. (Long Dr)
    DON'T SPEED DOWN LONG DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    How about exit I-95 at MD-22 (exit 85) towards Aberdeen.
    Left at light for MD-22
    At the first light after crossing over I-95 make a right. (Long Dr)
    DON'T SPEED DOWN LONG DR.
    Perfect.

In fact, how about something in the autox section of the website that addresses the whole issue of the value of respecting the host site and the neighborhoods around it by driving responsibly and maturely.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum
    Perfect.

In fact, how about something in the autox section of the website that addresses the whole issue of the value of respecting the host site and the neighborhoods around it by driving responsibly and maturely.

Alex
    Sounds good to me... Are you volunteering to write it?

---Eric

Thread Information