Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Columbia Social New Fall Location Poll - VOTE NOW!!!!

View Poll Results: Where to hold the Columbia social in the Fall?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red Robin

2 8.00%
  • Greene Turtle

9 36.00%
  • On the Border

2 8.00%
  • River Hill Sports Grille

12 48.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Columbia Social New Fall Location Poll - VOTE NOW!!!!

Columbia Social New Fall Location Poll - VOTE NOW!!!!

Not wanting to be anywhere near a mall during the holidays, I've come up with a few places to move our Columbia social for the next few months. We will continue to be at Champps for October and will have the results of the poll by then so everyone knows where to go for November.

Please be aware that once the poll winner has be chosen, I still need to get them to agree to host us (some of you are pretty rowdy and I'll skate all discussions about the CMM ).

Here are the choices:
    1) Red Robin - gourmet burgers

Dobbin Rd & Snowden River Pkwy. Plenty of parking in front of Home Expo, however, Dobbin Rd is ALWAYS crowded during the holidays. Good food though, unlimited fries

http://www.redrobin.com/

2) Greene Turtle - classic American sports bar chain

Snowden River Pwky & McGaw Rd. Our old stomping grounds had plenty of issues with parking, although we ended up parking across the street in a lighted, furniture store lot. Decent food and OK service.

http://www.greeneturtle.com/

3) On the Border - popular Mexican chain

Rt 175 & Rt 108 (next to Houlihans). Good food and fun spot. Situated in the same strip mall as one of our previous locations, Houlihans.

http://www.ontheborder.com/menu/defa...E0200&state=MD

4) River Hill Sports Grill - local American sports bar

Rt 32 & Rt 108. Non-chain with a private room for 40+ people and projection TV. Good food and my personal choice

http://www.riverhillsportsgrille.com/

Poll will close the Wednesday before our October social at Champps and the winner will be announced then.
    Last edited by pseto; 09-22-2008 at 05:55 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Another possible option to consider-

Ram' Head in Savage
    . It's not actually in Columbia (10-15 min drive from the other options), but the beer is fantastic, the food is excellent, and the parking is more than suitable- great big oversized lot with plenty of space even during the holidays. Three different levels, and they seem good about acommodating largeish groups. Besides, if you're coming from Columbia, Gorman Rd is a fun little drive- if you're into that sort of thing.

I seem to remember that Hooligan's was decent, the food was pretty good and they had a nice back room for the group. I thought the only reason we abandoned it was that the parking wasn't great- which would be an equal argument against On the Border.

The menu at Ded Robin may be a tad limited, as it's a burger-themed joint.
    Last edited by MPWR; 09-22-2008 at 06:39 PM.

...and yet another to consider. http://dogpub.net/

Great brewpub with pizza, used to go to Baltimore just for this, so glad they have a Columbia location; great prices, outdoor seating, big parking lot around the other side of the place. A little difficult to find, but easily my favorite place to eat in Columbia. The missus and I go every Friday after work.

Also, I've seen some slammin' Bimmers in the lot before (mine , an E34 Dinan S2, and a wicked little M Coupe).
    :: Paul ::
    www.tenfifteen.net

thanks for the 2 great suggestions, guys. i'll save them for when we pick places for the spring.

i'll vote for whichever place has the hottest girls.........

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    that requires research on your part, unless you bring a bunch of hot girls with you to where ever we choose.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    that requires research on your part, unless you bring a bunch of hot girls with you to where ever we choose.
    in that case I shall report back with my findings

Columbia, MD. Land of political correctness run amok.
    But I vote for Green Turtle. River Hill looks like a Redskins bar....booo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    That would be Dog Pub for sure... all the waitresses are exceedingly easy on the eyes. From what I hear, I mean.

Also, I voted for Greene Turtle in the meantime. Great place.
    www.tenfifteen.net

I like Tex Mex food.
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Quote Originally Posted by vicj View Post
    River Hill looks like a Redskins bar....booo!
    A Redskins bar? Aww shucks! Can I change my vote?

Xoutpost.com - where you come for the information but stay for the friendships

Quote Originally Posted by X5worldMichelle View Post
    A Redskins bar? Aww shucks! Can I change my vote?
    nope too late I thought it was more of a Ravens spot, but its not like we'll be there on a gameday

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    nope too late I thought it was more of a Ravens spot, but its not like we'll be there on a gameday
    LOL Ok...I guess I can deal with it during my annual social appearance.

Xoutpost.com - where you come for the information but stay for the friendships

Talking

wow, pretty close voting so far

BTW everyone, one of the items included in my job description is to break all ties for social location polls

Quote Originally Posted by rrsperry View Post
    I like Tex Mex food.
    Is there such a place in the area? Closest I've found is Pachanga in Odenton. I'm kinda fussy about Tex-Mex though, born and raised in Dallas.
    www.tenfifteen.net

Thread Information