Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Painting Contour wheels

Thread: Painting Contour wheels

Question Painting Contour wheels

I have an e36 M3. Has anyone painted all four of their Contours? If so how many cans of Wurth did you use to spray them (front and back)? Also how many cans of clear did you use and any recommendations of clear coat?

I don't know, but I'm interested in hearing.

I've considered buying a paint gun and paint matching a set too.

Wurth makes a silver & clear spray paint for wheels, but I've heard that the spray nozzle is terrible - clogging, fouling the part. I'd check with a supplier to see if they've cleared up the problem.
    Griot's Garage sells similar products.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

OK, How many cans will it take to paint 4 wheels?

Some years ago (long enough that my memory is fuzzy now) I painted a set of 13" Alpina "20 spoke" alloys and I think I used 3 cans of silver and one of clear. I did front and back, at least with the Silver, and I can't imagine that you would need more than 4 cans of Silver for your 17" wheels. Yours should be a lot easier to paint.

Get the paint cans warm before you spray, like set the can in a bucket of warm water for 15 minutes or so. Shake frequently. When you are finished, put the painted wheels in the sun to dry. It seemed to take some time (days) for the paint to harden so handle carefully.

Turn the can's upside down and spray between coats to clear the nozzles. If you paint in grass, water the grass around the paint area to keep the dust down. Take before and after pics!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thread Information