Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Alloy wheel touch-up paint?

Thread: Alloy wheel touch-up paint?

Alloy wheel touch-up paint?

I have a 2008 335i on which I managed to get some minor curb rash on one (factory) rim. I'm ready to repaint the scratched section, but BMW no longer sells touch-up paint for rims. (They have someone who will come in and freshen up a scratched rim for $150, though!) Does anyone know if DupliColor or one of the other touch-up paint manufacturers sells a matching color for BMW rims??? If so, what is the code/color? THANKS

$150 to repair curb rash? is that per wheel?

RimDoctor charges $75/wheel

sorry, dont know the answer to your question though
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Yep. Per rim. (At Russell BMW)

BTW, I was told that BMW used to sell rim touch-up paint, but no longer does. Yet another slap at the do-it-yourselfers.

Your fault for letting your significant other drive the car. Shame, shame. And if wasn't the significant other, shame-shame X 2 on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    $150 to repair curb rash? is that per wheel?

RimDoctor charges $75/wheel

sorry, dont know the answer to your question though
    that's a good price...does that include a full wheel repaint? dismount and re-mount?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    that's a good price...does that include a full wheel repaint? dismount and re-mount?
    don't think so. i've only had them do a few rims that had a couple of inches of curb rash. its a mobile operation and they just do the work right on the wheel in your driveway. they did a really good job and match the paint exactly (clear coat included).
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I know Wurth makes a kit: http://www.autogeek.net/wurth-wheel-kit.html if you want to diy. On such a new car though, I think its worth paying $75-150 to have it done professionally.
    Are you are keeping those same wheels on the car through winter, or are you switching over to a winter set?

A friend of mine used Wheel Works (sp?) for his bent rim and was very pleased. However, there were two prices given: a "ready today" and a "ready in two weeks". He went for the former, but still only spent about $100.

Wheel work

The Wurth silver wheel paint and then the clear coat over it work very well and last a long time (three years now) with no problems.

How well would you say the color matches an original rim?

I only need it for one rim and dont know how it will match.

Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    The Wurth silver wheel paint and then the clear coat over it work very well and last a long time (three years now) with no problems.

Thread Information