Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Recommendation for Convertible Top Repair

Thread: Recommendation for Convertible Top Repair

Recommendation for Convertible Top Repair

Hey, I have a friend who has an E30 convertible and she needs to have the rear plastic window repaired/replaced. Looking for suggestions in the NCC metro area, she would prefer VA, but is open to most suggestions.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

i gotta get the same thing done for my z3M. one of the techs at Passport said he's done a few with ease, which is quite the opposite from what a lot say when trying to DIY.

not sure if the e30 windows are similar, but i've read it can be tough getting the teeth of the zippers to line up/close correctly and to stay closed. good luck with that.

maybe someone can help at the next DIY?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    i gotta get the same thing done for my z3M. one of the techs at Passport said he's done a few with ease, which is quite the opposite from what a lot say when trying to DIY.

not sure if the e30 windows are similar, but i've read it can be tough getting the teeth of the zippers to line up/close correctly and to stay closed. good luck with that.

maybe someone can help at the next DIY?
    I don't think they are the same. I know mine does not zip in.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Talking Zip???

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I don't think they are the same. I know mine does not zip in.
    How can it Zip - did you ever wash it?
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    How can it Zip - did you ever wash it?
    I ran it through the car wash once. Once.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thumbs down Upholstery work out of place at DIY

Friends, quality upholsterers are somewhat like placekickers in American football - they are a little different from mechanics, and it's best to let them do their magic at their own shop.

It's best to take the car to a good upholstery shop, and do not attempt to do the work at one of our Chapter DIYs. If I were the Chapter DIY co-coordinator for the event, I would deny this particular task at the DIY.

Without going into all the reasons, this would (1) benefit the owner by avoiding a sub-par job by an otherwise willing technician not expert at upholstery, and (2) avoid torqueing all other DIYers awaiting the expert mechanical and/or electrical advice of the technician.

Best bet - take it to an upholstery shop!

Cheers,
    Alan

Thread Information