Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Advice for e90 modifications? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Advice for e90 modifications?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    Wow, PSS gets unlimited boost? That needs to change.
    I have a feeling that there's going to be a major reclassing of our events for next year. The current classing system just isn't fair ...

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I have a feeling that there's going to be a major reclassing of our events for next year. The current classing system just isn't fair ...
    IMHO, it was reasonably fair until unlimited boost became a factor. There'll never be a perfect way to class all the BMWs.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    You cough up the money and the connections to get better lots then ... I'm all ears ...
    *shrug* It's a statement of fact. New venues aren't popping up, either. If WDCR ever loses Fedex, I'll probably stop autoxing altogether.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thanks to all who responded, and everyone who has shared their experiences, advice and shown their 335s. I have definitely benefitted from all of that!

I am going to do the following:

1. I'm getting the HPFP replaced since it is failing (warranty issue). I am going to use Tischer, I have heard good things about them.
    2. I'm putting in the Dinan oil cooler, at my cost, since BMW NA won't "goodwill" it, and I can't fully enjoy driving this great car since I get nervous everytime I see that gauge hit 290. I can't believe that not having an oil cooler will not do long term damage to the engine.
    3. I am not making any other upgrades at this time. The one thing I saw at the September social that I liked alot was the hardwire install of the Valentine, and I found instructions for that install on e90forum, and I may (for the first time!) be brave and try to do that myself. I'm not much of a DIY'er, but there's a time to start everything.
    4. I will likely change the tires from the OEM runflats to other tires (probably in November/early December), I may go to 19" PS2s, or I may stay with the 17"s.
    5. The next upgrade, possibly in the spring, will likely be to the suspension. If I was doing it today, I would probably put the Dinan "3" suspension upgrade in.
    6. The final upgrade (resisting temptation here to make this upgrade today!) will be the ECU flash (Dinan stage 2, or whatever version is available at that time).

I think this makes sense, it gives me time to enjoy the car as it is, make improvements one at a time, and see the incremental benefits.

Thanks again to all who have helped, I am sure I will keep on asking for your input and looking around!

Thread Information