Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
An introduction...

Thread: An introduction...

An introduction...

Hi, All!

Just wanted to say hello. Don't know what took me so long to get on the message board. Over the last 30 years, I've had over a hundred cars, everything from Pintos to Porsches, though most of the cars have been german (and mostly air cooled VWs). But I still have a soft spot for hot rods. (my first job was apprenticing in a shop that built hot rods and did restorations on vintage cars, then I had a shop for about 10 years building customs, hot rods, and sports cars). Early on, I owned a '72 2002 and an '80 320i, both modded for autocrossing. But I had been away from the BMW fold for quite a while until I got my current '98 740iL. While I'm not going to be autocrossing the E38, it's still not stock (in fact, looking over the cars over the years, I seem to abhor stock vehicles, unless they were factory race cars ). In fact, it's slowly becoming my "gentleman's hot rod" and ever so slightly anti-social. Mods include the 19' RPM R505s with Pirelli P Zeros, Magnaflow performance cats and tips, and various cosmetic upgrades, like the '01 Sport shifter, m style rear spoiler, LED taillights, and chromeline headlights w/clear corners.

And a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhNPCq-Ohnw

Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to some of the events and meet the fine people of the club!
    2001 740i Sport/2005 330ci ZHP

http://www.midatlantic7s.com

Welcome aboard Chris. Yours is my favorite 7-er. Well, without the L.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Welcome from me, too...and ESPECIALLY because of being part of the very elite Baltimore Area membership....please contact me by email, so I can update you on club stuff....

Bob Stern -
    Balto Area Rep...

Mirnbob2@comcast.net
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Welcome aboard Chris. Yours is my favorite 7-er. Well, without the L.
    Thanks! I was originally looking for a black 740i, but the only one I found at the time was in Brooklyn, NY, and looked a little sketchy. This black on black iL was in much nicer shape (even though it had 143k on it), and was the right price. Plus, the iL allows for more room in the back for my 6'3" stepson, and for business clients.

And with the 19" wheels, it doesn't look quite as long.

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    Welcome from me, too...and ESPECIALLY because of being part of the very elite Baltimore Area membership....please contact me by email, so I can update you on club stuff....

Bob Stern -
    Balto Area Rep...

Mirnbob2@comcast.net
    Will do when I get home from work.

love the quad exhaust on the 7

Thread Information