Hi, All!

Just wanted to say hello. Don't know what took me so long to get on the message board. Over the last 30 years, I've had over a hundred cars, everything from Pintos to Porsches, though most of the cars have been german (and mostly air cooled VWs). But I still have a soft spot for hot rods. (my first job was apprenticing in a shop that built hot rods and did restorations on vintage cars, then I had a shop for about 10 years building customs, hot rods, and sports cars). Early on, I owned a '72 2002 and an '80 320i, both modded for autocrossing. But I had been away from the BMW fold for quite a while until I got my current '98 740iL. While I'm not going to be autocrossing the E38, it's still not stock (in fact, looking over the cars over the years, I seem to abhor stock vehicles, unless they were factory race cars ). In fact, it's slowly becoming my "gentleman's hot rod" and ever so slightly anti-social. Mods include the 19' RPM R505s with Pirelli P Zeros, Magnaflow performance cats and tips, and various cosmetic upgrades, like the '01 Sport shifter, m style rear spoiler, LED taillights, and chromeline headlights w/clear corners.

And a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhNPCq-Ohnw

Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to some of the events and meet the fine people of the club!