Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Anyone going to NJMP for the Grand-Am race this weekend?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to NJMP for the Grand-Am race this weekend?

Anyone going to NJMP for the Grand-Am race this weekend?

Trying to make it there for Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    Trying to make it there for Sunday.
    If you go, take a breathing apparatus with filtration for fine dust. There is no grass around the track or in the paddock. The Grand Am boys are certain to drop lots of tires and make a real dust storm of the place. It will also be interesting to see how the facilities come along. This weekend, there was A LOT left to do before the place will be ready to host such an event.

I would love to make it up there though. The people were friendly, and the facilities will be great when complete. I wonder about traffic getting in and out though. From the Baltimore/DC area it is an easy ride of about 2 to 2-1/2 hours, but 70,000 people in Millville will be interesting.

To the rest of the NCC crowd up there this past weekend, it was great seeing you all. What a fun event. I am sure I will not be forgetting it any time soon. ;o)
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

I'm going up Friday with a friend. The closest room I could get this morning was the Hampton Inn in Pennsville (near Delaware Memorial Bridge) - about 35 miles from track via Rt 49.
    The dust will be bad, unless it rains (which that area desparately needs). Then it will be mud.
    Last Friday they were still installing the glass windows in the timing & scoring tower. The materials for a few small grandstands (an oxymoron?) were on hand but not erected. I'm wondering where spectators will be forced to park. With the broad runoff areas, spectating on the turns 2 trough 5 area should be doable.
    The scheule is very full.
    http://www.grand-am.com/assets/2008N...cialsched3.pdf
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I'm going up Friday with a friend.
    When you are coming back through Baltimore, you should stop in to see Manor Motor Werks and Robin and the boys. We aren't too far out of your way.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

I looked online at the hotels listed at njmp.com and they seemed to have rooms still. I'm thinking about going up maybe Saturday or Sunday, staying till Monday.

oups! guess my first post did go through..

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    I looked online at the hotels listed at njmp.com and they seemed to have rooms still. I'm thinking about going up maybe Saturday or Sunday, staying till Monday.
    I called all of the ones in the Vineland/Millville area and they all said "already booked". I didn't try the Mount Laurel/Swedesboro/etc lodges as they seemed further away than Pennsville.
    Woody

The beach is less than 35 miles away...they should have a lot of hotel options.

Good seeing you all up there last weekend. Thanks Woody for keeping me in check
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Being Labor Day weekend, I assumed the beach hotels would be booked.
    Woody

Here's a link to my video of Thunderbolt...where the races will be this weekend.

Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I'm going both days... Saturday with a friend, Sunday by myself, and will probably bail before Rolex/Mustang on Sunday.

Btw, if you only bought tickets for Saturday, you can upgrade to Saturday and Sunday for just $3.00 more. Comcast Tix is running some promotion, but you have to call them to ask for it.
    :: Paul ::
    www.tenfifteen.net

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Here's a link to my video of Thunderbolt...where the races will be this weekend.

Wow! That looks like fun. You must be good. Maybe you should have posted this under Driver Schools.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
    Btw, if you only bought tickets for Saturday, you can upgrade to Saturday and Sunday for just $3.00 more. Comcast Tix is running some promotion, but you have to call them to ask for it.
    The Montreal GP is the only event I buy tix in advance. Too much chance a hurricane or something will make me stay home. I hope to see you there Paul.
    Woody

Got tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

Got a room at one of the closer hotels from Sunday to Monday, but will cancel it, since I'll be going up Saturday and back Sunday. Staying at a hotel 30 minutes south of the track for $50 a night. More like a bed and breakfast I guess with a shared bathroom.

Can't wait, I've never been to a real big race before. Had something they called Formula Fest in Norway, but that was just a show of old F1 cars and Neon Cup on a small street circuit.

Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Checked DelVal/NJ again, didn't see mention of a BMW parking area. Have any of you with contacts in those chapters heard anything on this front?
    :: Paul ::
    www.tenfifteen.net

Thread Information