Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Audi Experience, Summit Point, WV

Thread: Audi Experience, Summit Point, WV

Audi Experience, Summit Point, WV

Had a lot of fun today at the Audi Experience held at Summit Point. Here are some write-ups and pics on our long day.

For a FREE event, it was very well organized, well attended, and well worth it. This event was showcasing the all-new A4, but you could tell who Audi was trying to imitate

Quite a few BMWs in the parking lot and lots of eye candy (cars only). We got about 10 hard laps in both the A4 and another Audi of your choice. There was also a competition segment where we compared the A4 against a BMW 328xi, Lexus 250 AWD, and Mercedes C300 4Matic on a short autocross course (I thought the BMW and Audi were the best handling, in that order).

Not much in terms of food (water, sodas, tea, coffee, cookies, fruit) or giveaways (hat and head sock), but still, for a FREE event, we had a great time. The best part however, was the spirited drive to and from Summit in my M Roady

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=124223&page=7
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

How did you get on their mailing list? I'm also a 2-yr paid ACNA member and somewhat active in their local chapter even though I don't have an Audi. To my knowledge, they didn't host one of those near St. Louis... hmm.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!
    Alex April
    Former Ombudsman (BMW CCA National)
    Former TRSSS Instructor, Membership Chair, & Social Events Chair (BMW CCA - St. Louis Chapter)
    1989 e30 Metric Mechanic 2.9L
    T10 Putnam

Quote Originally Posted by Arecks View Post
    How did you get on their mailing list? I'm also a 2-yr paid ACNA member and somewhat active in their local chapter even though I don't have an Audi. To my knowledge, they didn't host one of those near St. Louis... hmm.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!
    one of my e90post buddies posted the link and I signed up. there's also a Mercedes one coming to Bethesda in Oct, but no where near as good as the Audi one. I cant imagine we'll be taking hot laps on downtown Woodmont Ave.

I was there on Friday, definitely a well organized event. Too bad they didn't let us drive the R8's.

Quote Originally Posted by martinj View Post
    I was there on Friday, definitely a well organized event. Too bad they didn't let us drive the R8's.
    you could have driven the R8 if you shelled out $595. I think thats what they were doing starting Monday.

Nice event and a rare chance to drive at a race track.
    Best of all: it's not your car, tires, or gas. can't beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
    Nice event and a rare chance to drive at a race track.
    Best of all: it's not your car, tires, or gas. can't beat that.
    and it was FREE!!!!

After attending the Lexus event not too long ago, I can't describe how much better this event was in comparison. Here's my short review:

30 min classroom session - 25 minutes of why quattro is wonderful. 4 minutes of why quattro has been banned in race orgs. 1 minute of "slow into a turn, fast out" and "brake in a straight line"

On the track for a comparo - A4 with 3.2 engine vs 328xi vs C300 w/ 4 matic vs. IS250 AWD. One lap in each car. Merc and Lexus tied for worst cars while the Bimmer and A4 were very close to each other. Kudos to the Audi guy for admitting they are trying to reach BMW's level of excellence and are happy to finally be in the same category.

Lead/follow on the track with A4s - I would estimate there were 8 laps we took around the track in the lead/follow portion. Tons of fun to be out on the track for so long in someone else's car! My only complaint was the slow car in our group.

After a short questionnaire, you were able to take either an A5, A6, A8, or Q7 back out on the track for more lead/follow. I was stuck in the A6 for my time slot, but had fun going around for ~5 more laps. Only complaints were that I didn't get a chance to drive the A5 and that my driving partner felt that braking while turning was a great idea.

I attended the Friday-morning session with a couple people from work. I wish they had a 335i Coupe for comparison instead of a 328xi. Either way, I had a lot more fun driving the BMW, since the Audi just wasn't as refined (although it did hold 2nd like a champ). I was impressed by how far the A4 has come though. It was an awesome event. Shanandoah Circuit for free is always nice.

I also went to the Lexus IS-F event a couple months ago and the Hyundai Genesis (don't laugh, free autocross is free autocross) one about one month ago, again with people from work. The Audi Experience blows them away, although I did really enjoy how the Lexus comparison was a timed event. 2 Jefferson laps in the IS-F wasn't very remarkable.
    Last edited by BradMW; 08-24-2008 at 05:21 PM.

Thread Information