Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
What are your track plans for 2005?

Thread: What are your track plans for 2005?

What are your track plans for 2005?

What are the tracks on your list to be visited?

After falling in love with VIR, I'll be sure to be there a couple times next season.

Summit Point is a no-brainer being as close as it is.

I think I am going to skip BeaveRun this year and perhaps try my hand at the Glen.

Other than that, any other track orient plans will involve some crewing for a local SCCA/BMWCCA club racer. I really want to check out the scene and start learning things. It'd be neat to learn about the whole thing, not just the racing aspect.

How about everyone else?

I don't know about Summit being a no brainer.
    There is a lot to Summit.

I'm pretty much maxed out at VIR.
    I need to tighten up a few turns.
    I need to work on Hogpen a lot more.

Get out to Mid-Ohio. That is a fun track.
    VIR is nice, it's close, nice facilities but Mid-Ohio is very technical with lots of turns. I'd be at Mid-Ohio more if it wasn't +7 hours away.

I may skip the Glen this October and watch the Grand Am race at VIR.

I've only been to BeaveRun once and that was before it officially opened.
    I didn't really care for it back then. I only liked the right hand uphill onto the main straight. But tough on the diff. I killed my LSD there. Pit out is ridiculous! Poor design, as far as I am concerned.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

VIR in June with NCC, Audi and MB.

Shenandoah in ??? with NCC (actually, I know the date, but it's not yet public information since it is subject to change).

VIR in September for O'Fest.

I may go play with the Audi club at VIR or Summit (depends on whether I have any free time).
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    I don't know about Summit being a no brainer.
    There is a lot to Summit.
    I meant making the decision in terms of being one of the tracks to hit next year. Not saying it's cakewalk or anything. :-) I still know I need to learn more there.

Close enough to home that it'd be kind of a shame not to go.

Some of the track guys were recommending RA, but I'd imagine that is a haul as well.

I would like to hit a new track this upcoming year, either RA or Mid-Ohio. Both are about equidistant. I've heard RA is pretty gnarly though.

I would like to do:

a) Summit Point main (probably with schattenbaum PCA/FMoW/and MB);
    b) Jefferson Circuit with NCC;
    c) Mosport with BMW Trillium;
    d) VIR with G&W again; and
    e) New track (Mid-ohio or RA)

So, hopefully, around 5-7 track events for next year.

RA is a haul!

Fairfax to Braselton, GA
    Total Est. Time: 9 hours, 36 minutes Total Est. Distance: 584.17 miles

Fairfax to Lexington, OH
    Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 47 minutes Total Est. Distance: 418.25 miles
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    RA is a haul!

Fairfax to Braselton, GA
    Total Est. Time: 9 hours, 36 minutes Total Est. Distance: 584.17 miles

Fairfax to Lexington, OH
    Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 47 minutes Total Est. Distance: 418.25 miles
    Well ... if I travel at an average speed of 65 mph to OH and 85 mph average speed to GA; then, they become equidistant :grin:

Wow -- that's a big disparity. Although, Mosport was no picnic either. It took me about 10 hours to get there.

I renewed my Audi membership for their April school.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Indianapolis Raceway Park
    Beaver Run
    New Hampshire International Raceway
    Shenandoah Circuit
    VIR - North, South AND Full
    Roebling Road
    Nelson Ledges

And all in one week! It's called the One Lap of America. And you can do it too. www.onelapofamerica.com

Woody Hair

I'm planning on making Mid-Ohio in April if anyone else wants to caravan up. I'll be at all the NASA VIR's and Summit (well except maybe the new course, I may just go and watch that weekend).

--chad

I usually go to Mid-Ohio in May over the Memorial Day weekend.
    I end up staying over Sunday night rather than driving 7 hours after a school.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

NASA at VIR

I'll be down there Feb 18 for their Super Comp school and maybe over that weekend if I stick around to do some racing.

Tyler Stewart
    '91 Spec Miata
    '97 540i

I am going to try and visit whatever is for the least experienced this summer

Thread Information