Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
ChapterFest 2008 - August 23, 2008 - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ChapterFest 2008 - August 23, 2008

Having fun yet??

Some one mentioned car washing?? How about this "washing?" While I am happily here in VA enjoying our BMWCCA activities, my heart is with my surfing gang from Peru, a large contingent of which was recently in Indonesia. Example herewith; one of the gang getting a great wave. Other activities aside, we (USA and Peru) all seem to have our fair share of BMWs to drive day to day...3's, 5's and more.

I like driving my 335i. That said, I also like surfing on waves like these. Air fare and hotel to surf....versus gas, tire wear, brake pad and shock destruction...plus fees - all to attack and run the track. Money is involved. Yes? Love my 335i coupe, but given the choice, it'll be parked and I'll be surfing.

You??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Indo7.08.bigdrop.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	603  

Wow. I've never seen a wave that big on the Outer Banks. Not sure I'd want to.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Wow. I've never seen a wave that big on the Outer Banks. Not sure I'd want to.
    we used to get them close to that (about 8-10') on Lake Michigan believe it or not! There was a group of us that surfed there. The waves are great: nice long breaks, really consistent and powerful but the problem is that it's fresh water, not salt water. The fresh water means that you don't float as well and have to use a bigger, more buoyant board.

Too bad I haven't surfed in 9 years...

Great Lakes vs. Peru

Speaking for me: thinking about the number of sunken ships in the Great Lakes, I would NEVER dispute wave heights in those seas. Accepting that, here is a wave from Peru TODAY - break about 25 miles south of Lima named "Penascal." Shot is from 7am in the morning. Is the surfer a BMW driver? Honestly speaking: not likely. Is he/she having fun? See the white water wall behind him/her? If he/she avoids wiping out and getting washed in the soup...yes, having fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PeruAzulAug8.08.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	604  

Only 2 Weeks Until ChapterFest! Signup now!

Course layout hint?

Trying to decide about doing the autocross, or not. Will there be one of those tire-destroying circles this time? Yes or no could be the deciding factor for me re autocross versus just showing up for general activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunlap View Post
    Trying to decide about doing the autocross, or not. Will there be one of those tire-destroying circles this time? Yes or no could be the deciding factor for me re autocross versus just showing up for general activities.
    It's called a skidpad ...

Anyway, it depends on how the course is designed. I've never seen a skidpad integrated into a course at Bowie as it is a nice lot.

There's alot different in wear and tear when considering 20 runs vs. 4 runs. This is a points event so that means 4 runs per competitor.

How 'relaxed' will the rules be on the Show & Shine? I'm going to give 'er a good polish and wax, but I'm not going to go crazy on it either.

Mainly I just wanted assigned parking.
    :: Paul ::
    www.tenfifteen.net

Quote Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
    How 'relaxed' will the rules be on the Show & Shine? I'm going to give 'er a good polish and wax, but I'm not going to go crazy on it either.

Mainly I just wanted assigned parking.
    It's going to be people choice awards ... so no formal judging criteria. Just give 'er a nice cleaning.

I'd like to register my wife, I'm also bringing my 15 year old son and a friend.
    How do I register them all?

tks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    I'd like to register my wife, I'm also bringing my 15 year old son and a friend.
    How do I register them all?

tks.
    The easiest way is to just submit four registrations. You can use the same email address for all of them, just submit each with the different name. Let me know if you have any trouble.

You can do it right here: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=137,1267,0,0,1,0

See you on the 23rd!

Think there will be additional openings for the autocross? My wife is probably coming and I might be able to talk her into driving a little instead of just riding along...

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    Think there will be additional openings for the autocross? My wife is probably coming and I might be able to talk her into driving a little instead of just riding along...
    Absolutely!

Just let us know the day of the event. We will fit her in for sure. Also, she's more than welcome to get a ride along with other members too.

Tomorrow, re the 23rd

Hi. Whether Google payment works yet or not, I really don't want or need yet-another on-line account. Will be at the Ramparts board social tomorrow and hope to pay then. FYI, I'd like to sign up for Heat 1; blue 2007 335i. See you tomorrow evening, Jonathan. Cheers,

Jim

start time

I was wondering what time you're allowed in if you're just coming for the festivities? I mean I see the show & shine registration is from 8-10, but I figured that would'nt be for people coming just for the festivites.

Thread Information