Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
ChapterFest 2008 - August 23, 2008 - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: ChapterFest 2008 - August 23, 2008

Looks like I may actually be able to make it for first heat tomorrow. I'll be there early to help with setup. Gonna be a busy autox weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw View Post
    Looks like I may actually be able to make it for first heat tomorrow. I'll be there early to help with setup. Gonna be a busy autox weekend!
    You going to FedEx in the afternoon to set up for AI?

Pics from the event today...

If I didn't get a shot of your car, my apologies. If I did, and you'd like a higher-res version, just PM or email me (tenfifteen@gmail.com).

Enjoy.

http://www.tenfifteen.net/photos/ncc...pterfest-2008/

EDIT: If the above pics (960x600) won't fit in your browser, you can use the following link (640x400):

http://www.tenfifteen.net/photos/ncc...rfest-2008-sm/
    Last edited by tenfifteen; 08-23-2008 at 05:47 PM.
    :: Paul ::
    www.tenfifteen.net

was a fantastic event.. i loved the drive up, the show and shine, and it was amazing to ride shotgun on the autocross

Autocross results are up!!!

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?results

I also just updated the YTD Class / Points standings.

And I put some pictures up too ...

http://picasaweb.google.com/jonathan.michael.thayer/

I'm still waiting for an explanation from Jimmy on how this occured ...
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 12-11-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Great experience! Thanks to those of you that obviously did a lot of work to make it happen.

Red face And...

Miriam wanted to know why I changed my shorts when I got home....

THANKS for a fun day. Great effort, both AutoX and Social!!!!!
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

I just wanted to say thanks to those who took time to organize this event, I don't think I have ever had so much fun. It was my first time autoxing, but I'm sure I'll be at the next event in September even if I do look silly crossing in a vert. Anyone have pointers on how to prevent an auto e46 from dropping gears (2->1)?

Thanks,
    ~Brad

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    Anyone have pointers on how to prevent an auto e46 from dropping gears (2->1)?
    Put it in manual mode and manually shift it if you have a manual mode. It has worked for me in my E36 for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Put it in manual mode and manually shift it if you have a manual mode. It has worked for me in my E36 for several years.
    That's what I did, just left it in 2nd after the launch and it was fine for most of the run, but that one particularly slow corner before the long straight near the end put it down to 1st every run. I believe some other people with autos had the same problem.

Thanks...Great Job!!

Just want to say THANKS to the gang - you know who you are - that made ChapterFest such a great day. When a club's top management is serving food and emptying trash cans...well, it's obviously a heartfelt effort. Loved the cars lined up for the Show & Shine! As for two off courses in four runs? Must be someone else's fault. Evil cone movers. So stealthy. Next time I'm bringing spotters and radio telecom commo gear. Again...thanks!!! Great job.

To all,

I want to thank everyone that came out to ChapterFest yesterday. It was an absolute success and quite possibly the biggest chapter event ever (definitely bigger than last year's Fall Meet). Although I'm awaiting the final results, I'm very certain we had way more than 300+ people and 200+ cars!!!

All the NCC officers and program directors were very pleased with the turnout and we all hope that you have seen parts of the chapter that you havent seen before. Combining autox, concours, and a social takes some intricate planning, and hopefully more members will now partipate in other concours events and/or autox their cars (lets get those garage queens out and see how your car was meant to be handled).

We were fortunate the weather cooperated and there were some unbelievable cars out there. All the vintage 2002s, super clean M cars, the highly modded and the extremely rare (that Z8 was incredible) all came to make a presense, and it was worth the price of admission IMO.

Sorry about the gravel parking for general admission, but didn't know about the lot setup until too late. I'd like to have everyone in the same general location, so we'll work on that in the future. No complaints either about Red, Hot, and Blue, other than having too much food left over. I'll be eating pulled pork and chicken for quite a while :thumsup:

We have quite a few ideas to improve next year's ChapterFest. Not bad that we really only had a few weeks to put this show on, so we'll make sure that next year we start a little earlier to tighten up some of the loose areas.

As the biggest chapter in the US, we are very fortunate to have the resources and more importantly, the volunteers, to put on such events. I want to also personally thank everyone who helped ChapterFest make such a sucess: Jonathan Thayer (the mastermind) and the entire autox group, Bill Williams and the vintage crew for running the Show-and-Shine, Algie Livingston for handling all the food, and all the other volunteers who put in some time to make everything run smoothly.

I saw a bunch of smiles and received tons of positive feedback yesterday and being my own harshest critic, we'll plan to make the future events even bigger and better.

Please post your pics ASAP (there's a 2008 ChapterFest section in the Gallery), so others can kick themselves for not being there
    Last edited by pseto; 08-25-2008 at 07:31 AM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Pat yourself on the back Paul (and everyone else who made it such a success). This was the first one I'd been to, and I couldn't believe it'd been since '02 since NCC had done one. It looked to me like you folks do this every year: Well-organized and lots of fun.
    :: Paul ::
    www.tenfifteen.net

Thread Information