Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
ChapterFest 2008 - August 23, 2008 - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: ChapterFest 2008 - August 23, 2008

few of us from the E90 post woud like to meet up at Tysons this Saturday and have a group drive to the Chapterfest. just want to throw this out there and see if anyone is interested from this board. should be fun.

I'm aiming for around 10:15 to 10:30 meet up time.

Paul, are you ready for autocrossing in the M ?

Quote Originally Posted by 330cic0539 View Post
    Paul, are you ready for autocrossing in the M ?
    not yet, need to get some suspension work done first. owning 3 BMWs is getting quite expensive
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    not yet, need to get some suspension work done first. owning 3 BMWs is getting quite expensive
    Welcome to the club - but it is better when all 3 are under warranty and have scheduled maintenance

Hey i didnt realize this wasnt a normal autocross and when it took me to google i thought it messed up. i dont have an account online. Are you going to take cash like normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Walka View Post
    Hey i didnt realize this wasnt a normal autocross and when it took me to google i thought it messed up. i dont have an account online. Are you going to take cash like normal?
    Yes, it won't be a problem. Just bring $$$ on Saturday. It's not like you haven't been to our events before!

If you learn to drive it with a crappy suspension, you will appreciate the new suspension even more. There's NO reason not to autocross Saturday. You've been telling me you were going to do it at ChapterFest ever since we starting planning. Don't wimp out now.

Nonsense. The best way to learn is on stock suspension. Who cares if it's worn. It will just keep your speeds down. I'm running on 9 year old worn suspension currently and can turn ok times.

Pete
    NCC

I'm running my twin of yours on a stock suspension. Man-up and do it!

Seriously though, the stock suspension on the 98 M Roady isn't exactly like the stock suspension on a 99 Honda Accord. It can take a little bit of rough driving...

Oh, btw: just got some new rubber: Pilot Sport PS2's on the front and A/S's on the rear. Should hold pretty well now even though they're not track tires.

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    I'm running my twin of yours on a stock suspension. Man-up and do it!

Seriously though, the stock suspension on the 98 M Roady isn't exactly like the stock suspension on a 99 Honda Accord. It can take a little bit of rough driving...

Oh, btw: just got some new rubber: Pilot Sport PS2's on the front and A/S's on the rear. Should hold pretty well now even though they're not track tires.
    PAUL ... I know you are reading this ... THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO AUTOCROSS!!! i promise you that you won't live it down if you are too big of a chicken to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    PAUL ... I know you are reading this ... THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO AUTOCROSS!!! i promise you that you won't live it down if you are too big of a chicken to do it.
    still not a convincing enough argument besides I've been known to cluck in the past

There's some rattling going on somewhere that I need to try and find. Happened the other day when I hit a huge bump; hopefully nothing is cracked or falling off.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

still not a convincing enough argument besides I've been known to cluck in the past

There's some rattling going on somewhere that I need to try and find. Happened the other day when I hit a huge bump; hopefully nothing is cracked or falling off.
    I've just added you to the autocross list. See you on Saturday.

Now there's no excuse ...
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 08-21-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Silly question, and not that I need any more T-shirts, or food, for that matter, but are they included in the autocross "registration" of $25 for members? Or do we also need to do the general registration?

I hope there will be enough room for the autocrossers to park. If you need help, I'll volunteer to help with course set-up/chalking cones, etc. If so, what time should I be there (it's been a while since I've done a club event)?

See you all Saturday.
    Brian

Paul, I'm sure I can autocross that noise right out of the car for you.

Actually, ride with me in the 2nd heat and then drive yourself in 3rd heat. What could possibly keep you from wanting to drive? You MUST autocross!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer3 View Post
    Silly question, and not that I need any more T-shirts, or food, for that matter, but are they included in the autocross "registration" of $25 for members? Or do we also need to do the general registration?

I hope there will be enough room for the autocrossers to park. If you need help, I'll volunteer to help with course set-up/chalking cones, etc. If so, what time should I be there (it's been a while since I've done a club event)?

See you all Saturday.
    Brian
    Autocross registration includes general registration.

Bowie has plenty of spaces to park everyone. It just may not be as close as we are used to parking.

See you out there Saturday Brian.

Thread Information