Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
ChapterFest 2008 - August 23, 2008 - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: ChapterFest 2008 - August 23, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Were more people shifting into first? I thought about it, If I had I probably would have been 3 or 4 seconds faster! (wink)
    Oh well, at least my eta beat an M coupe! (wink again)
    Your car had enough torque to get away with it...
    How about that? my little 4-banger hung right with (and beat many) M times too.

I just need to get a real transmission or a car with more power so everyone tells me.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Thanks for posting. Someone is going to need a stern talking to. Handheld video cameras are NOT PERMITTED in our events.
    Ahhhhh, sorry, that video's mine. My friend and I were first-timers and didn't know any better, but should have. I'll get a mount for September's cross; does anyone have any recommendations on a camera setup for a e46 vert? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Thanks for posting. Someone is going to need a stern talking to. Handheld video cameras are NOT PERMITTED in our events.
    Someone older and wiser asked me to clairify this post ...

All equipment inside cars which includes video recorders and cameras must be securely mounted to the vehicle without chance of becoming a projectile. Handheld video recorders and cameras are unacceptable as it is possible for them to get loose within the car hitting either drivers or passengers, or, even worse, get tossed outside the car and possibly hitting a course worker. Plus, we don't want you to break your nice video equipment. We typically ask politely to remove them, but I didn't see it occurring. Thanks for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    Ahhhhh, sorry, that video's mine. My friend and I were first-timers and didn't know any better, but should have. I'll get a mount for September's cross; does anyone have any recommendations on a camera setup for a e46 vert? Thanks!
    No harm, no foul! Thanks for understanding and great job with your times. I love seeing in car video, it's just my job to point out safety concerns to ensure that everyone has a great, safe time.

Shameless Plug ...

Registration for our next autocross event on September 13th is now open. Register here:
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=98,668,0,0,1,0

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I downshifted to first in manual-mode before going into the slow corner (before passing back through the islands) on each run and got consistently faster. Eric drove my car in auto-mode and it would shift all over the place.

It's frustrating having an automatic for autocross, but I've learned how to manually shift it when need be. I have to downshift in slow corners with a 318 because it has NO power at all.... but just focus on getting the right lines and staying smooth before worrying too much about anything else.
    It only shifted to 1st in a couple spots. One was coming back up through the islands (which was fine, I wanted it to) and one was when you were heading towards the bottom lot. I was able to keep off the gas enough to keep it from doing it for one run and it was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Were more people shifting into first? I thought about it, If I had I probably would have been 3 or 4 seconds faster! (wink)
    Oh well, at least my eta beat an M coupe! (wink again)

Thanks for a great Chapterfest!
    I think all the talk about shifting into 1st is from people who were driving automatics. There were a few spots that forced the car to slow down enough where the car would shift (when you didn't want it to).

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thread Information