Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for a 2003 M5

Thread: Looking for a 2003 M5

Looking for a 2003 M5

Hoping to get some advice on a 2003 M5.

I've started looking for a used one and would appreciate any advice.

My plan is to find an E39 in excellent condition, low mileage, and in red.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by soofdawg View Post
    Hoping to get some advice on a 2003 M5.

I've started looking for a used one and would appreciate any advice.

My plan is to find an E39 in excellent condition, low mileage, and in red.

Thank you in advance.
    You're not asking for much are you? Don't know many Miss Daisies out there who own an Imola Red 2003 E39 M5 that is sitting in their garage with low mileage. As an owner who tracks one myself, they are WAY too much fun to drive to warehouse or use as a grocerygetter. But there may still be one or two out there that have not been a daily driver that may still be available. Try eBay and the M5Board
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=3

BonBahn
    BonBahn

you can also use cars.com, autotrader, and craigslist. i just had a car shipped from CA to MD and the whole process wasnt as difficult as I expected.

there are also many great colors out there, so dont limit yourself to just red (although red will look pretty hot).
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Banned
    Before you even start looking find out what it will cost to insure and then red versus any other color. Next find a good indy shop that knows M cars. They are very rare. Then get an estimate on what it will cost to maintain this car on yearly basis and then what it will cost if you do schools.

Next be prepared to spend similar amounts on your girlfriend, your wife, and your mistress.

That's why most of my expenses for my hobby are on cash basis. Only thing girlfriend might see is entry fee for trials, food and vet bills. My
    dog training bill of about $6k a year would buy a lot of Jimmy Choos and La Perla!

That's why you tip the girls in cash in establishments with brass poles!

Dave Apker and the collies

I've managed to find a few across the country with low mileage. What is a PPI? I'm not familiar with this term.

Some of the cars have under 30K miles. I've read this could be a bad thing.
    As far as the color goes, my insurance agent tells me the color theory is a myth.

I live in Baltimore, so I'll be looking for a good place to service it around here. Anyone in the area as well who can suggest a couple of places?

Thanks guys!

Most likely Pre-Purchase Inspection.

I'm doing some research to maybe get the facelifted E39 M5 also. May I ask why you want the 2003 instead of the 2002, or 2001?

I've also heard that maintaining M cars is very expensive. But that's relative. I'd like to see an actual estimate, or realistic maintenance plan with $ amounts. And at what mileage would you buy an M5 if all maintenance have been done? I guess buying one right before Inspection II, compared to after, or right before preventative cooling system maintenance that might not actually be in BMWs maintenance plan, but all E39 owners go by, would make a significant difference. Since M5 maintenance is so high, there should be a cashflow schedule along with the maintenance schedule. But I guess that's wishful thinking.

Thread Information