Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
EVENT #3 CANCELLED!!! (Manassas, VA)

Thread: EVENT #3 CANCELLED!!! (Manassas, VA)

EVENT #3 CANCELLED!!! (Manassas, VA)

I unfortunately have to announce the cancellation of our third autocross event scheduled for July 19, 2008 in Manassas, VA.

The school board administrators at Osborne Park High School have ruled that no car events can take place on their premises due to lot damage. I do not believe this statement is warranted, but this ruling has been applied to not only us, but other organizations using the lot. This announcement, coupled with the retirement of our point of contact without notice, leaves us without a facility to hold the July 19, 2008 event. To make the matter worse, the only reason that I was notified is because I called the administrators over ten times and finally received a call in return.

We will be trying to schedule at least one more autocross this year in addition to our current lineup. We will keep everyone updated as much as possible as we look and arrange future dates.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could spread the word to all that you may know interested in this event.

Thanks again for understanding this late notice.

If you are looking for something to do with the void caused by this event, check out these other chapter events occuring on July 19, 2008:

Golf Outing - http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=97,1257,0,0,1,0
    Charity Carwash - http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=97,1291,0,0,1,0
    DIY @ Russel BMW - http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=156,1172,0,0,1,0

Jonathan Thayer

Boo...hopefully Racecroft proves to be a viable option.

Bummer, I like first gear courses.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I was wondering how we were able to get that log anyway. CDC was informed that no one would be auto-xing anymore at the end of last season. Oh well. Hopefully we can find a new lot soon!!

After having autocrossed with CDC before, I don't think anyone in that group had any real interest in autocrossing PERIOD. They liked to dick around with twenty-seven pointer-cone corners and eight-cone gates, while forgetting pointer cones where necessary, one-car on course at a time, holding start twenty times per run group, holding "stop gates" for thirty seconds per car, and a bunch of drift kiddies. No wonder OP hates autocrossers, since they got stuck seing that bunch of clowns five or six times a year. Sad to see this event go down the drain.

Thread Information