Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New Event!!! Test & Tune - July 26, 2008 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Event!!! Test & Tune - July 26, 2008

payment options

I think I would rather pay when I get there to the test and tune. It seems like only 3 or 4 people have paid in advance. Any clarification on this would be helpful.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jls8177 View Post
    I think I would rather pay when I get there to the test and tune. It seems like only 3 or 4 people have paid in advance. Any clarification on this would be helpful.

Jason
    It would be appreciated if you could send the check. If I don't get enough prepaid entries to cover associated costs, I will need to cancel the event. This is why prepayment is necessary.

BTW ... I've received other payment, I just haven't had the time to enter them into the system. Will be done this afternoon.

My vote: don't cancel it!

Don't want to see it cancelled...not after I sweated though the hot sun time today to take off my BBS' and re-install the OE wheels and RFTs!

BTW, buying the BMW jacking kit for use with a 335i was truly worth it. No problem at all to change all of the tires in short order, one at a time of course. (As I already reported on another forum, my regular floor jack won't even go under the front jacking point unless the rear of the car is lifted several inches first with a second floor jack.) And the cute one-setting only torque wrench that comes with the jack is much easier to use than my regular torque wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    FYI, their website is showing BMWCCA as a sponsor. Not NCC, but the mothership.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Yeah ... I know ... I'm trying to get them to change that ...
    It looks like they are not going to change it anytime soon.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Arrival Time??

Assuming that you might need a bit of help on the day of the event, by what time should we arrive? Is there a (relatively) secure place to leave removed-from-car odds and ends while we are busy running or chasing cones?

if its is not canceled is there a pay pal address or something i could send a payment through?

Quote Originally Posted by David0Lt View Post
    if its is not canceled is there a pay pal address or something i could send a payment through?
    Please send me an email. Email address is jmthayer@gmail.com

I don't see why some are so shocked that this event is being put on.

So what!

Yes, there will be amateurs at this event... maybe even some ricers. Who really cares.

Maybe someone will get excited about autocross enough to come out regularly, or even tell one of their friends. I'm sure that many will have fun, and many others will laugh at their friends being hopelessly slow. But, isn't that what we were all about at one point? Fun?

Just because this event is being held at Rosecroft, does not automatically make it a failiure as I get an impression from some of the grumblings posted in various forums. I can guarantee you that it's going to be much more fun than a Manassas autocross. Street sweepers are out at Rosecroft to clean any excess debris off the lot. It's not in horrible shape, and there are no huge craters anymore.

Lighten up people. If the general consensus is that Jonathan and I are doing such a terrible job with autocross, by all means, volunteer to run the program next year!

My only concern is beer at the event.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    My only concern is beer at the event.
    And at night.

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

and the distractions

<--there's a winking smiley face there, I promise.

^ it's there...Steven...where's my smiley face?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

"Lighten up people. If the general consensus is that Jonathan and I are doing such a terrible job with autocross, by all means, volunteer to run the program next year!"

Bogdan,

I wouldn't say the consensus is that anyone at the club is doing a bad job... Every event I have been to has been very well run - better than a whole lot of organizations I've driven with.

In my experience, any time you have something different or new, people are always skeptical at first just because. This time we have some outsiders who may or may not approach things the way we do AND a different venue AND a lot of people outside the club running things with our name involved, so they are questioning things, but I personally don't feel it is in any way related to your past performance.

You guys run great events, have awesome communication, and facilitate a safe and fun environment.

I do echo the concerns about alcohol at the event, though but know that you all have that covered.

I have my own reservations about the event also, the access to alcohol being one of them. All we can do is to scrutinize and pay attention to the participants walking up. A big task, I know.

Of all the possible negatives that I can think of, and I could fill up a page, I'm looking at the the maximum ammount of fun the participants can have.

It will be a long day for those willing to stay there unil the end, but my hope is that all involved will have a good experience worth telling their friends about.

i would like to say that it was very messed up that the administrators kicked me out of the event for "drifting". first i was not trying to drift. i do not drive a 250 whp 240sx. i drive a 85 whp corolla. when the rear end kicked out i simple stopped throttling so i would stop sliding. the second part the bothered me even more was that the smaller kick out of the 240 was NOTHING compared to what the miata or the old BMW's were doing. I feel as it was unfair to call a simple kick out drifting when a miata is doing full drift circles on the round about. i also find it unfair to say that we were potentially drifting when the old BMW are kicking the rear ends out to make uturns and such maneuvers. i do understand that RWD vehicles have a tendency to kick out and slide. but i also have been to several drift event, and i know what we were doing was nothing compared to what others were doing. if u like im sure the 240sx owner will allow anyone to test drive the vehical so that they understand why it kicks out so easily; as the lady in the black rsx found out. in the future if u would not mind, i would like the administrators to be respectfully fair in there rules to all others. if u fell this is too much to ask please tell me. or if u feel that what i am stating is wrong in anyway please speak your mind.

Thread Information