Posted by: Martin

Description: 2001 BMW 740i Sport VIN: WBAGG83481DN82198 Anthracite Grey Metallic/Black Leather 60,7xx miles Sport package: • 18 inch M-parallel wheels with Micheln Pilot tyres (235/50-18 Front MXX3 and 255/45-18 Rear Pilot Sports) • Performance rear axle (3.15) and torque converter • Steptronic automatic transmission • Contour Sport seats • Sports suspension • Vavona Redwood trim • Sport steering wheel • Showdowline exterior trim Heated front seats and mirrors BMW Bluetooth integrated phone system with Motorola RAZR phone mount Standard Equipment (a selection): • Navigation with 2006 Mid Atlantic CD • Front, side and head airbags • ABS (natch!) • Traction control • Dynamic Stability control • Dynamic brake control • Xenon headlights with washers • 14-speaker DSP digital stereo with 6-disc CD changer, cassette • Homelink • Key memory (adjusts seat, mirrors and steering wheel to the driver automatically) • Sunroof • ….and so much more! This is the close to an M-car 7, with the 4.4l V8. The car is fast, smooth, comfortable and surprisingly economical (my running average on the OBC is over 22 mpg)! Pictures of the car are here: http://picasaweb.google.com/MartinBullen/740i I'm the third owner. The original owner had the car for about 18 months. I bought the car 1-1/2 years ago from the second owner. I've put approximately 23,000 miles on the car. The car was sold (and resold) by Devon Hill BMW, who also did all the service prior to my purchase. Since then, I've done routine maintenance, with Bimmerworks in West Chester handling the more substantial things. The only reason I'm selling it is a job change that replaced my 40-mile each way highway commute with an 8-mile each way run on rural roads (I can drive my Z3 or ride the Ducati every day!) Since I bought the car it's had an Inspection ll (including auto transmission fluid with the expensive BMW stuff and differential with Redline), a complete cooling system overhaul, new battery (Bosch), and I just replaced the fuel filter and did an oil change (Mobil 1 0W-40). Needs: The only immediate need is a RR window regulator. Like all E38's It will need thrust arm bushings and valve cover gaskets at some point, but the price (at KBB good rather than excellent reflects this). Otherwise, AFAIK, that's about it. So, overall, the car's in great shape, but like any 7-year old car, not perfect (close!).I have all the books, keys, manuals, records, original sticker, low miles, excellent condition. $17,900 obo (right around KBB price for good condition) I'd love to see this car go to an enthusiast home. I'm in the Philly 'burbs. Martin Bullen'95 M3'97 Z3 2.8'01 740i Sport (For Sale)Vice President and Instructor CoordinatorDelaware Valley ChapterBMW CCA(610) 202-7080 or mrixonbullen@yahoo.com

More...