Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Red bmw?

Thread: Red bmw?

Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

Wow.

Xoutpost.com - where you come for the information but stay for the friendships

Banned
    Typical liberal newspaper columnist! I would have been tempted to do the same thing as the red BMW driver in my Element. Although since I am Bimmerless I do notice the arrogance of some BMW drivers. There is one young one whose parents bought him a new 3 series in my neighborhood while he attends community college.

Its nice to know the flaming paper bag dog poop trick still works. I have noticed he has slowed down in the neighborhood.

Dave Apker and the collies

I do sometimes catch myself feeling like the columnist about other drivers (not discriminating by vehicle type) who tend to do what the Red BMW driver did.

Frustrates me no end when I feel that they think they are smarter than everyone else and can butt in right up front. Similar to when users take the exit for the Air and Space Museum on VA 28 north - but want to cut right back in in front while others sit on 28. (Have wondered sometimes about the "legality" of this move)

But then again I usually find myself being the one to let them in - else its just a nasty jam of people trying to push each other around. Besides I care a little too much about my car to risk an aggressive jerk driver to force his way in.

Hopefully there is such a thing as karma

Slightly off-topic, but another rant of mine:

A highway administration official in Minnesota once commented on the huge line caused by a particular construction zone. The line was 7 miles long at times with the an entire lane open almost the entire way.

He said that there is no reason for people to get into the through-lane before the cones. "If we wanted people to merge 7 miles back, we'd start the cones 7 miles back."

People need to learn how to merge and "let merge". It's childish to think that someone using the entire available open lane is "cutting in line". The newspaper guy is way off base on this one - BMW or not!
    Scott Lowrey

This guy reminds me of the Twit encountered in the mens' room at a beer festival one day, who was standing in a line of 27 men queuing up for five midget showers and four normal commodes. When someone broke ranks to use a completely vacant handicapped stall, this jerk made a loud comment to the effect that when the guy came out, if he were not handicapped our hero would see to it that he would become handicapped.

Gives several new insights to the meaning of "I share your pain."

DCBub

Thread Information