Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Sway links

Thread: Sway links

Cool Sway links

Hello fellow bimmer dreamers and gearheads, I've been going through my daily driver replacing items and was wondering about sway bar links. I inspected them and they look to be in decent shape but was wondering if and when they should be replaced if ever. I've got no suspension problems but with 262,000 miles and 9 years should I consider replacing sway links at a DIY. Thanks in advance. Happy Motoring...
    Last edited by Zchild; 06-27-2008 at 09:46 AM.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    Hello fellow bimmer dreamers and gearheads, I've been going through my daily driver replacing items and was wondering about sway bar links. I inspected them and they look to be in decent shape but was wondering if and when they should be replaced if ever. I've got no suspension problems but with 262,000 miles and 9 years should I consider replacing sway links at a DIY. Thanks in advance. Happy Motoring...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it ...

I once had an issue relating to the swaybar links. I had disassembled stuff to install camber plates and did not torque the links well. They created a thunking noise as the car leaned into a corner. I just needed to torque them tighter. If there is no thunk, and all looks well, be happy.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Arrow Torque Topics

Zach et al,

First of all, lets agree on the part we're talking about. Are you talking about what many people call "anti-sway bar end links", or some other part?

Be very careful about how much torque you use. Last fall, after I replaced the front struts on The Flying Grape, I overdid it and "sheared" the fixing bolt clean off one of my anti-sway bar end links.

Remember the Euclidean Theorem..."If a little torque is good, a little more may lead to disaster."

Cheers,

DIYCur

Thread Information