Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
DE Summit Point with PCA Potomac
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DE Summit Point with PCA Potomac

DE Summit Point with PCA Potomac

Space available in the White and Red run groups July 12 & 13 Summit Point (main course).

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Hope to see you at a future event. If you are interested in participating please make your intentions known as early as possible. Reply by email to Charlie and me -- DERegistrar@Pcapotomac.org and DEChair@PCApotomac.org

Alan --

Perhaps you should explain how your colors relate to level of experience. Most BMWCCA people are used to A, B, C, D.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

PCA Class Description

Woody from one of Alan's other postings, a description of the color breakout. One thing from their site page, they emphatically state that they only accept Porsches in their schools. Has this been waived for the 12-13 SPR event?

For help in understanding our run groups; I put together some data from our last years VIR event. We have five run groups; Green (Instructed - Beginners); Blue (Instructed - Novice); White (Intermediate); Black (Advanced-Instructor); Red (same as Black - faster cars and/or more experience). The call for participants is for all run groups. Club Racers participants can be found in White through Red and clearly the number of days is not a requirement for progression through to White, many exceptional drivers have moved through the ranks with minimum time in each group. It is generally not the case. In the data I provided I dropped the high and the low numbers to arrive at the range.

By run group and number of track days (average) range

Green - 16 days - range 1 to 50 (largest concentration 8 - 25)

Blue - 32 days - range 12 to 81 (largest concentration 29 - 36)

White - 61 days - range 24 to 132 (largest concentration 36 - 69, some cup cars)

Black - 110 days - range 42 to 275 (largest concentration 77 - 160, several cup cars)

Red - 215 days - range 75 to 1006 (many cup cars)
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Quote Originally Posted by Real M3 View Post
    Woody from one of Alan's other postings, a description of the color breakout. One thing from their site page, they emphatically state that they only accept Porsches in their schools. Has this been waived for the 12-13 SPR event?

For help in understanding our run groups; I put together some data from our last years VIR event. We have five run groups; Green (Instructed - Beginners); Blue (Instructed - Novice); White (Intermediate); Black (Advanced-Instructor); Red (same as Black - faster cars and/or more experience). The call for participants is for all run groups. Club Racers participants can be found in White through Red and clearly the number of days is not a requirement for progression through to White, many exceptional drivers have moved through the ranks with minimum time in each group. It is generally not the case. In the data I provided I dropped the high and the low numbers to arrive at the range.

By run group and number of track days (average) range

Green - 16 days - range 1 to 50 (largest concentration 8 - 25)

Blue - 32 days - range 12 to 81 (largest concentration 29 - 36)

White - 61 days - range 24 to 132 (largest concentration 36 - 69, some cup cars)

Black - 110 days - range 42 to 275 (largest concentration 77 - 160, several cup cars)

Red - 215 days - range 75 to 1006 (many cup cars)
    Yes, they are waiving the Porsche only rule.

I'm sure there are MANY interested that just lack the required experience.

Thanks Chuck. I think the Potomac Region PCA has suddenly experienced a drop in attendance at their events and they've decided it's necessary to open them up to other marques. They did the same thing for their Mid-Ohio event earlier in the year. The Potomac Region puts on a huge number of DE events every year, including jaunts to Watkins Glen, VIR and Mid-Ohio.
    Woody

Banned
    PCA Potomac DE's had been Porsche only since at least the early 80's.
    Bad dates or a reflection of the econmy in the Mid Atlantic?

Will be interesting to see if NCCs schools suffer later in the year and next year.
    Might also make it easier to get better dates from BSR?

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Will be interesting to see if NCCs schools suffer later in the year and next year.
    Might also make it easier to get better dates from BSR?

Dave Apker
    No problem with our dates this year IMHO. I suspect competition from Thunderbolt and Lightning (NJ Motorsports Park) will improve our ability to get choice dates in the future.
    Woody

do these schools have any restrictions when it comes to convertables? i have a 1995 miata with a rollbar and hardtop.

Quote Originally Posted by WildMride View Post
    do these schools have any restrictions when it comes to convertables? i have a 1995 miata with a rollbar and hardtop.
    It depends on the organization. The National Capital Chapter BMWCCA does, although I'm not sure why if it is a Spec Miata that has passed SCCA or NASA tech inspection and is still street legal.

It is best to check with the paricular organization(s) you are considering running with.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by WildMride View Post
    Do check what is required with the Potomac boys, but I see Boxsters and 914s and Targas at their events so clearly they are less restrictive in this area than the NCC. Check the PCA Potomac website for the email of their tech chairman. This is the one true source for accurate info on the rollbar requirements. I think it needs to have some approval by a sanctioning body, I think.

Bob
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

alright ill look into the PCA convertible restrictions, but you said the BMWCCA does allow convertibles as long as they have a rollbar that is SCCA approved. my car is not a spec miata though, just has a roll bar and not a cage.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Bad dates or a reflection of the econmy in the Mid Atlantic?
    I believe the issue is related to their run group system. Because people are defined by their color, and run groups are not fluid like BMW CCA's, they can run into trouble by not getting the proper number of instructors or the proper number or each level of student. Being a "green" student makes entry into a school harder because there are more novices to compete against. Being a white advanced student solo'd helps your chances. It is all a bit different. On top of that, they run a lot of schools per year.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

White911:

Are you going to open up your August event (to other marques) at Summit Point?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    White911:

Are you going to open up your August event (to other marques) at Summit Point?
    I believe they now accept other marques. You should email the guys asap if you're interested.
    Ken

Thought that was just to fill the roster when they couldn't fill up on their own? I'm wary of running with a group that once they start filling up again start shutting the door to anyone without the proper VIN.

Thread Information