Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
DE Summit Point with PCA Potomac - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DE Summit Point with PCA Potomac

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    White911:

Are you going to open up your August event (to other marques) at Summit Point?
    Lemme know what you find out. I'll be interested in coming with you.

I received a PM regarding the August event and will post the gist of what my response was plus a bit more -- I am waiting until 30 days prior to the event to make a determination. I will be having a meeting to discuss my thoughts concerning this with the executive board. We are a club and members have certain expectations. If we were a commercial enterprise, I could see the point of always having it open to other marques. I prefer the mix of cars I see at FATT, Audi Club, TrackDaze, and others. Several of us belong to different car clubs and participate in events with those clubs. I can sort of understand a 'members only' perspective; but, if a person is a member why should they have to drive their specific concours 356 when they have a perfectly good spec E36 or SRF? At present I am working on another inniative that will if implemented open up upper run groups; but would do nothing for the beginner groups as long as we have a Waitlist of Club member Porsche drivers in those two groups.
    Alan
    08 135I
    83 911 SC (trackster)
    90 911 (Sally's Carrera)
    04 A4
    04 Blingmobile - tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post
    Thought that was just to fill the roster when they couldn't fill up on their own? I'm wary of running with a group that once they start filling up again start shutting the door to anyone without the proper VIN.
    I hear what you're saying. I'm running with PCA Potomac this weekend in the White Group. Even at the PCA Tech inspection at InterSport/Tysons last Sunday, I felt like a less-than-welcome interloper, when the tech volunteer at first declined to inspect my lowly Bimmer, though later apologized (But Alan and Tony of PCA came to the rescue and were great). Because of PCA's Porsche-only tradition --very different from BMW CCA's open door philosophy to other marques-- old attitudes about "our marque only" die hard. So riding another marque may make you feel a little like an ugly American in Paris. But PCA Potomac has excellent track dates, and they offer you a weekend on Summit Main at the astonishingly low (and unbeatable) price of $225. So that seems well worth any grief.
    BonBahn
    BonBahn

Quote Originally Posted by dbonner View Post
    I hear what you're saying. I'm running with PCA Potomac this weekend in the White Group.
    Remember when we went to VIR when Zone 2 couldn't fill their schools in the early days? They welcomed BMW. Rather, they welcomed our money. Then once their schools filled with P-cars, the CI politely said we wouldn't be able to register next time. I'm still pretty bitter about that.

Sorry, I really don't mean to hijack the thread.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information