Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) Modification

Thread: Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) Modification

Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) Modification

Have any of you made a CDV modification for your 330i stick? How difficult it is to replace it? Do you feel any difference before and after?
    http://www.zeckhausen.com/CDV.htm
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsun View Post
    Have any of you made a CDV modification for your 330i stick? How difficult it is to replace it? Do you feel any difference before and after?
    Thanks
    I've owned a few BMW's and removed the CDV's on everyone. The clutch difference is night and day.

What year is you 330i?

I removed mine on my 02 325it......again, night and day difference.

Whats the backside to this procedure? More clutchwear for the normal driver?

I don't think there is a downside. All the CDV is is an orifice (small hole) that slows the flow of the clutch fluid thus slowing the engagement of the clutch. I think it may even increase clutch wear.
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    Whats the backside to this procedure? More clutchwear for the normal driver?
    It was originally put in there to avoid driveline shock from people dumping the clutch. There are NO downsides for a responsible driver.

CDVless....some cars require a new hose and not actually a "valve". More like a restricted hose.

Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I removed the CDV in my M3 and honestly I noticed a slight difference but not the night and day difference others have talked about.

I think the guys that were relying on their CDV's...like engaging or disengaging faster than the fluid would pass are the ones who noticed a difference. I noticed it more on disengaging than engaging. On a fast shift, I'd push the clutch and the car was not quite ready to come out of gear. Usually happened going forward then backward getting a parking spot, or 3-point turns
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I ordered the Zeckhausen modified CDV and had it installed after reading this thread and others and finally deciding to do it. Definitely recommend it for the E46 330Ci. Clutch engagement now feels normal and no more jerky 1>2 shifts and unpredictable clutch engagement unless you really just get it wrong (like a normal clutch). I noticed at the first DE, I could downshift / heel-toe smoothly from 4th to 3rd. Wish I had done this a couple years ago, or better yet, BMW wouldn't have put this POS thing in there in the first place. So, you might find that you are not as bad a shifter as your instructor and car were telling you.

Glad to hear that it worked out just as I expected!

Car54,
    I guess you'll tell me Sunday whether my car needs this modification or not.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Car54,
    I still haven't changed my line out yet and it doesn't feel incredibly different.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Car54,
    It wasn't as apparent on my mcoupe as it was on my M3. Mcoupe has a delay line, M3 has a delay valve. I sure hope you got that squeaky clutch pedal fixed!

Whether your car needs it or not, dunno. Might want to keep it at the pace of the regular driver. LOL =)~
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thread Information