Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
A little bit of a rant - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A little bit of a rant

Slushboxes are horrible, though both my daily cars have 'em. Never again (due to maintenance). If only the freedom of an auto would be spent on attention to the traffic it would be great. You can't blame the lack of attention to traffic on autoboxes, but on the persons attitude.

My dad taught me well by stressing to pay attention to the road and traffic at all times. Considering driving in traffic is the most dangerous activity an average human being will do throughout his life (Discover Channel), one should make every effort to learn to drive. I was also lucky to take my license in Norway where it's mandatory to drive a manual, night driving, 2 hr long trip, skidpad and accident avoidance on slippery surface, and city driving (a total of 18 hours mandatory). When I had to take it again here I thought they were kidding me; a trip around the block with two stop signs!?!

Too many sad and leathal accidents to not take driving very seriously.

RAF Digby, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    Slushboxes are horrible, though both my daily cars have 'em. Never again (due to maintenance). If only the freedom of an auto would be spent on attention to the traffic it would be great. You can't blame the lack of attention to traffic on autoboxes, but on the persons attitude.

My dad taught me well by stressing to pay attention to the road and traffic at all times. Considering driving in traffic is the most dangerous activity an average human being will do throughout his life (Discover Channel), one should make every effort to learn to drive. I was also lucky to take my license in Norway where it's mandatory to drive a manual, night driving, 2 hr long trip, skidpad and accident avoidance on slippery surface, and city driving (a total of 18 hours mandatory). When I had to take it again here I thought they were kidding me; a trip around the block with two stop signs!?!

Too many sad and leathal accidents to not take driving very seriously.
    Bergen is beautiful, and so are the Norwegian women. I also enjoyed the fresh fish from the market. I still want to see Tromso, something about the northern most nursing school in the world being there. The taxi drivers in Norway, when I visited in September were very good behind the wheel. The taxi drivers in Spain, however, were a little nuts. I don't think about it too much, but submarining isn't the safest profession. Yet I continue to do it, but then again I'm a little crazy because I actually enjoy it. I suppose that's true though about the average citizen's most dangerous activity being driving. I have a Tennessee licence, and I had to spend some time on the interstate and a few other exercises for my test. However, we actually had a good drivers' ed class at my High School, and the county people who administered the tests knew the drivers' ed instructors in the county.

Norway is very nice. But if you're like me and like cars and american women (maybe one specific one), America is better

Thread Information