Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Amazing BMW Sauber F1 results from Canada!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amazing BMW Sauber F1 results from Canada!

Thumbs up Amazing BMW Sauber F1 results from Canada!

BMW Sauber F1 did it, and with a one-two finish. Remarkable result! Man it must have been great being there today.

Thumbs up

HOORAY! Good race. Even though Hamilton and Raikkonen crashed out in the pit lane, the BMW's left the remaining Ferrari's and McLaren's in the dust. No need for an asterisk next to this win.

Props to Kubica, Heidfeld, Theissen and the rest of the Bimmer gang!

Oh, and props to Bob Varsha for mentioning BMWCCA - "members are running out to their driveways to toot the horns on their Bimmers".
    Scott Lowrey

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Oh, and props to Bob Varsha for mentioning BMWCCA - "members are running out to their driveways to toot the horns on their Bimmers".
    The guys I was watching the race with figured the neighbors really wouldn't understand.

So what would have happened if Kubica exited the pits first, Kimi second and Lewis third. That might have been a helluva race.

But I was happy with the result. The last time I didn't go to Montreal for the race Ralf won for Williams-BMW. I guess I should stay away.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

This was the first time I've been excited about the result of an F1 race in a longggggg time. I caught the Varsha comment as well!!! This could be a breakthrough year?

I think I'm going to head up to Montreal for the race next year. I've heard it's a great F1 venue. I'm not missing Indy at all (but I do hope they bring the circus back to the U.S).

Maybe we can get a BMW contingent across the border.
    Scott Lowrey

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I think I'm going to head up to Montreal for the race next year. I've heard it's a great F1 venue. I'm not missing Indy at all (but I do hope they bring the circus back to the U.S).

Maybe we can get a BMW contingent across the border.

So do I. I've been thinking about going to an F1 race for too long now. Next year I'll have to make it happen.

I'd recommend you start working on a hotel room NOW. . . well, maybe you'd better wait until the schedule is announced. Many people have standing reservations for GP weekend. Expect to pay twice the normal rate and be required to book for 4 days.

Tickets usually go on sale in September. This year was a sellout and if there's no USGP, next year will be too.
    Woody

I went to the 2007 Montreal GP last year, my first F1 race.......it was amazing!!!

Kubica had his big crash, while Hiedfeld had a great 2nd place.

The atmosphere in Montreal was unbelievable the whole weekend....highly recommended!

The BMWs sounded a bit more raw than the other cars , but in general, listening to those F1 engines in person gave me a special feeling...in my pants!

I couldn't go this year because of school, but I'll gladly plan on going next year.
    Pulak Datt
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - 1987 BMW 325is - driver's school, autoX,....and hopefully SpecE30 one day.
    - 2005 Honda Civic Si - daily driver
    - 1992 Suzuki GS500E - learner moto
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Convoy

Woody and I convoyed a bit of the way up for the F1 race years ago, but somehow we got sperated once we crossed into Canada. Are those speed limits really in kilometers?

I got to park my car in the M car corral which was cool. The gate keeper asked if Vader was a real M car. I just revved the motor and the gate was opened ;o)
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Let's get a block of rooms, Woody. As soon as the schedule is published.

Sounds like Indy will be back on the schedule in '09. BTDTGTTS. Not really interested in going back -- I witnessed the infamous six-car race. What more could I want?
    Scott Lowrey

I've gone to the Montreal GP with a bunch of friends every year for a long time. Three years ago we took our women and it totalled 14 people. Dinner decisions were tough with that many. But this year I backed out on going due to the costs. I did so knowing that BMW would likely win. The last Canada race I missed was when Ralf won in the Williams-BMW.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    http://www.forumula1.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3753

No Indy on this schedule, we'll have to wait and see if it changes.
    Yep, you're right, Vic. From Autosport:

Indianapolis Motor Speedway boss Joie Chitwood says the door remains open for Formula One to return to the track after the provisional 2009 calendar did not include a race there.

Indianapolis was absent from this year's calendar for the first time since 2000, but circuit bosses were still hoping to find a sponsor that would make the return viable next season.

The FIA, however, released the provisional calendar for next year on Wednesday and the IMS was not in it.

Chitwood insisted it was vital to find a sponsor if the race was to return to America, but he made it clear the future is still open.

"I still think there's a home for F1 in the US, but it's getting the right partner to activate and promote it," Indianapolis Motor Speedway president Chitwood told the Indy Star.

"That's a vital component."

Chitwood did not rule out a deal for next year, although he admitted it gets "tougher and tougher every day."

"The door remains open for the future," he said. "There continues to be dialogue."
    Scott Lowrey

Google tells me 10 hours to drive. Of course flying probably is easier in all ways, but in reality, is it 10 hours?

And is the whole weekend worth seeing, or did those of you that have gone just see sunday, or sat and sunday? And what about other races, do you get to see them with your F1 ticket? Like GP2, which I guess dont race in Canada but I guess there's other races during the F1 weekend.

I'm ready to make hotel reservations. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    Google tells me 10 hours to drive. Of course flying probably is easier in all ways, but in reality, is it 10 hours?

And is the whole weekend worth seeing, or did those of you that have gone just see sunday, or sat and sunday? And what about other races, do you get to see them with your F1 ticket? Like GP2, which I guess dont race in Canada but I guess there's other races during the F1 weekend.

I'm ready to make hotel reservations. Any suggestions?
    Anders,
    I'm not sure if you're talking about Montreal or Indianapolis as both are about 10 hours from DC. Not sure about Indy, but in Montreal you pay for separate tickets for each day and I highly recommend attending all three days if possible. Under the current format there are two 1 1/2 hour F1 practice sessions on Friday. Teams don't have to use their race engine this day, so they're on the track doing many laps. This is the best time to move around and get pictures from various places around the track. Support races this year included Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Formula BMW, and the very entertaining Ferrari Challenge. Nothing like seeing a bunch of doctors and investment bankers wrecking their 430s. I could tell you where we usually stay in Vieux Montreal. . . but then I'd have to kill ya.
    Woody

I was thinking of Montreal. Definitely need to make this trip. Might not go so well to plan this trip alongside a wedding, but thats how it is to get married to a carguy I guess

Thanks Woody!

Thread Information