Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
alignment shop?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: alignment shop?

alignment shop?

Anyone deal with a good alignment shop in the Baltimore area?

BMW of Towson does a great job. Call Bill first though. Seriously, that's where I get mine done.

And they don't have a problem with custom spec's?

Now if only they were open on Monday....what good is a day off work if nothing else is open :sad:

Quote Originally Posted by bren
    And they don't have a problem with custom spec's?

Now if only they were open on Monday....what good is a day off work if nothing else is open :sad:
    No problem at all with custom specs. I had -3.5 in the front and -2 in the rear last time I was there.

Yeah, and you work so far away from there too.

Re: alignment shop?

Is this supposed to fix the issue where the rear wants to be the front? :grin:

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

Re: alignment shop?

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum
    Is this supposed to fix the issue where the rear wants to be the front? :grin:

Alex
    Well, uh...hopefully.

I'm going to blame that on equal parts driver error, alignment, and the darned Sport button. ops:

Quote Originally Posted by Doby

No problem at all with custom specs. I had -3.5 in the front and -2 in the rear last time I was there.
    What sort of Toe do you run?

What sort of Toe do you run?
    At the time, 0 Front, tiny bit IN -rear

At the time, 0 Front, tiny bit IN -rear
    I thought I'd be smart and 0 the front and rear to get the car to rotate real nicely but that was NOT a good idea....definitely need some toe in the rear ops:

Yeah, there was only one person I know of that ran 0 toe in the rear, and that was RonK. He also ran a little out in the front. I'm running a little out in front and lots in at the rear.

I'm starting to seriously consider getting those SmartStrings to be able to do some adjusting on my own. Dropping $100+ for an alignment just to "test" some settings is going to get awfully expensive.

I have the longacre camber gauge now, and measuring toe is just simply measuring with a tape measure. However, getting things perfect is worth the $125.

....measuring toe is just simply measuring with a tape measure.
    Well, yes and no. Don't forget about thrust angle. That's what is nice about the SmartStrings, they help you keep the car square.

I suppose I could use a tape and play with different amounts of toe until it feels good and then take it in to the shop to make sure everything is even. Problem is I can't really get to the limits of the car on the streets to get a feel for each setting. The way it's set now feels a little twitchy on the road but it wasn't until the autox that I realized how bad it really is. I just could not put power down without losing the rear end.

I just could not put power down without losing the rear end.
    You do know you have an E46 M3

Thread Information