Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2000 528iA driveshaft

Thread: 2000 528iA driveshaft

Question 2000 528iA driveshaft

I've got some ringing sound when putting the car in drive/reverse and when sometimes starting from a stand still.

BMW of Arlington agreed with my suggestion it's the driveshaft. But I'm not completely sure. But if so, is it really necessary to replace the whole thing, or should I try the U joint, earing and flexdisc first?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cool

I had a problem with my drive shaft that sounds alot like yours. I was changing my flex disc and when I completed it I started getting an unsual noise. It turned out to be my center drive-line bearing. I had it changed and have had no more drive-line issues. I'd say look at the flex and center bearing first. It's my understanding that U-Joints don't go out until well after 200,000 miles. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

That's what I've been thinking about. I guess that's what I'll do to start of with. Thanks!

Thread Information