Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2008 Event #1 Results

Thread: 2008 Event #1 Results

2008 Event #1 Results

The results that we were able to obtain have been posted to the main website. They can be viewed at the following address: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?results

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***

Results for Event #1 will not be used for year end points, etc. We have decided that due to the unfortunate circumstances, we will omit all results from this event.

This will make the year end standings based on five events. To determine year end results, we will be using the best four of the five remaining events. In the event of a tie in using the data from the best four events, the 5th event results will be included. If for some reason, when the 5th event results are added there is still a tie, then winner will be determined by the one with more 1st place finishes. (... and continue to 2nd place, 3rd place, etc. as necessary.)

Jonathan, Bodgan,
    This decision is the only fair way to do it. Of course I know if I had just been able to complete that 4th run before the lightning and rains came. . . .

For those that weren't there - early during the 4th runs of the second heat the big black cloud got closer and closer. The lightning was getting too damn close too. Even though it wasn't raining yet, the organizers made the right decision to shut down until the storm passed over. I was the one left on the starting line. It immediately started raining just hard enough that my fourth run would have been hindered anyway. The rain got harder. Eric got in my car to escape the rain. It got harder. I drove Eric to his paddock spot so he could better secure his stuff from the rain. The rain got harder. I drove forty feet to my paddock spot and got out of my car to get my backpack, floor mat, and helmet bag out from under my tarp which was clearly doing no good. That short period of time got me nearly soaked. Back in the car I watch as my tarp, with a good-sized plastic box on top, started floating away. So did my cooler. It was raining harder. I realized my stuff was going to float further down the parking lot, so I exited the car again. After picking up the box, my tarp really took off in the river that was flowing down the parking lot. I had to run after it. By that point I may as well jumped in a swimming pool. Nothing on me was dry. My chair, which had been lying in my paddock spot still in it's plastic bag, was very heavy to pick up. After dumping a gallon of water out of the bag, it was a little lighter. After getting all of my gear in the car, I got back in myself. I was soaked and sitting in a pool of water in the seat. Did I mention it rained? I don't think I've ever been so wet from rain.
    Last night on the news I heard that part of PG County got about 2 inches of rain in a very short period of time. And several planes were overturned at a nearby airport. And just 6-weeks earlier, the afternoon heats of an SCCA AX at FedEx Field were cancelled for the same reason.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Global Hydration...

At least you shaved for the event. =/
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Jonathan, Bodgan,
    This decision is the only fair way to do it. Of course I know if I had just been able to complete that 4th run before the lightning and rains came. . . .
    +1... I sure I could have beaten Kevin Henry's time if I just had one more run...

Woody - Thanks for the ride back to the paddock. I still got soaked since I started to see my equipment floating/blowing away and was forced out of my car to throw everything in my trunk. At least I was able to shield it with my car until the hail stopped.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thread Information