Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Removing OE 335 CoupeSptSuspn Wheels??

Thread: Removing OE 335 CoupeSptSuspn Wheels??

Question Removing OE 335 CoupeSptSuspn Wheels??

OK, what's the trick? I want to simply take off my OE 5 spoke 18s (have a new wheel set to fit, also want to clean the OEs behind). Started with the right-side rear and it won't come off, even with all lug bolts out, and plenty of clearance off the ground. Something I'm missing? Needs rubber hammer help? Obviously I'm loath to damage the wheels.

If the wheels are stuck to the hubs, here's an easy way to break them loose. With the car on the ground, loosen the lug bolts about 1/2 a turn. DO NOT REMOVE THE LUG BOLTS, JUST LOOSEN THEM. Then rock the car by pushing it side-to-side. This will break the wheels loose from the hubs with no damage, no beating on them with hammers, no kicking, etc.

Before you install the new wheels, use a wire brush to thoroughly clean the hubs of rust and corrosion, then apply a light coat of waterproof grease to the lip of the hub. This will help reduce future problems.

Hope this helps!
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Will give it a try...thanks.

Fronts = no problem. For the rears, the end game: rocking didn't work. Mindful of brakes near by, I shot teensie bits of WD 40 into the small slots where the wheels mate to the hubs...and waited. Then with a mighty tug one rear came off. For the other I had to, using a piece of board against the wheel, whack the heck out of it with a mallet. Hard. For a one year old car with only 6300 miles on it, you wouldn't believe how rusted the inner axle ends were; accordingly they were stuck to the rims big time. Well, it's fixed now. And yes to Bruce's suggestion: it'll be anti-seize or other grease that can take heat preventively applied in the future.

Thread Information