Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2008 Event #2
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Event #2

2008 Event #2

Date: Saturday, June 21st, 2008
    Cost: $25.00 For Members / $35.00 For Non-Members
    Participant Limit: 35 drivers per heat / 105 drivers total
    Registration Opens: May 24th, 2008

Events open for check-in and technical inspection at 8:00 am. Heats typically begin at 9:30 am following a two hour interval schedule.

Check-in closes at noon. You must check-in at least one hour before your registered heat starts and before check-in closes.

Registration for our events will utilize our new online registration system. Walk-up registrations are HIGHLY discouraged.

Registration opens four weeks before each event. Registration will close the day before the event. For more information, please contact our registrar at autocross-registrar@nccbmwcca.org.

Cost per event is typically $25 for members and $35 for non-members (subject to change without prior notice).

It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please self-police your guests and drive responsibly.

Directions

Maryland State Police Training Center

Mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...code=21784-5983 )

7310 Slacks Rd
    Sykesville, MD
    21784-5983 US

495->95
    Take I-95 N towards Baltimore/New York (12.7 miles)
    Merge onto MD-32 W via exit 38B toward Columbia (3.1 miles)
    Merge onto US-29 N/Columbia Pike via Exit 16A toward Columbia town Center (9.1 miles)
    Merge onto I-70 W via exit 25B toward Frederick (6.9 miles)
    Merge onto MD-32 N via exit 80 toward Sykesville (4.7 miles)
    Turn Right onto Raincliffe Rd (1.2 miles)
    Turn Left onto Slack Rd. (0.4 miles)

We look forward to having you at our event.

Please post any questions that you might have.

Jonathan Thayer
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 05-21-2008 at 10:01 PM.

Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Currently 51 registered drivers ...

Can I request a decision gate at this next autox? Like where you have to choose left or right? I saw a course setup with two concentric courses....you do the outside, move to the inner ring and decide clock-wise or CCW, then finish the course back on the outer ring. It was a lot small and rectangular like MSP. I can try to dig it up.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Can I request a decision gate at this next autox? Like where you have to choose left or right? I saw a course setup with two concentric courses....you do the outside, move to the inner ring and decide clock-wise or CCW, then finish the course back on the outer ring. It was a lot small and rectangular like MSP. I can try to dig it up.
    In theory, it sounds like a good idea, but I'm a bit more pessimistic at MSP because it IS a small lot. The courses still need to be novice friendly and we'd need to keep it safe. The only option I'd see for MSP would be to integrate it into the middle portion of the lot. Then again, I hate course design and I thought the course I helped with last year at MSP absolutely sucked IMO.

If JV, Kevin, and Ken are available, I'd just leave the course designing to them. There have been very few courses they've created about which I could complain.

Can't attend

No doubt...not trying to design a course...just been curious about the decision gate feature. See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    No doubt...not trying to design a course...just been curious about the decision gate feature. See attached.
    Sorry, but one consideration is that we need to be able to run two cars on course at one time.

And yes, that's WAYYYY too confusing ... One direction only please. We need to ensure that courseworkers can predict the path of travel of a car so that they can call penalties and watch for oncoming hazards.

56 registered drivers ...

Plenty of room still left. You can register online at http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?a...s_registration

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Sorry, but one consideration is that we need to be able to run two cars on course at one time.

And yes, that's WAYYYY too confusing ... One direction only please. We need to ensure that courseworkers can predict the path of travel of a car so that they can call penalties and watch for oncoming hazards.
    You're right...maybe it's too HARDCORE
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Bad timing. I'm running with NASA at Summit. See you next time.

Jason Stephens

Hi Jonathan,

I'm registered for the 3rd heat, but I'd like to change it to the 1st heat....got a wedding to go to later in the day. Do I just register again and cancel the previous one? How do I guarantee I don't get waitlisted?

Thanks
    Pulak Datt
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - 1987 BMW 325is - driver's school, autoX,....and hopefully SpecE30 one day.
    - 2005 Honda Civic Si - daily driver
    - 1992 Suzuki GS500E - learner moto
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pulak View Post
    Hi Jonathan,

I'm registered for the 3rd heat, but I'd like to change it to the 1st heat....got a wedding to go to later in the day. Do I just register again and cancel the previous one? How do I guarantee I don't get waitlisted?

Thanks
    Just unregister for the 3rd and reregister for the first heat. Trust me. There are PLENTY of spots still available as we only have ~55 registered drivers.

Registration closed. We will still accept walk-ups at the event.

Final registration list can be viewed at http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?a...s_registration

See everyone tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    There are PLENTY of spots still available as we only have ~55 registered drivers.
    Does this mean lots of fun runs?

Thread Information