Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
May 17th DIY at FunKtion Auto

Thread: May 17th DIY at FunKtion Auto

May 17th DIY at FunKtion Auto

The DIY at FunKtion Auto on May 17th was great. I was able to bleed my brakes in preparation for my first track day. Thanks to Wayne, I also found out that one of the bolts on my front brake caliper had worked its way loose. That could have been a disaster at the track. I'd like to thank Walid, Wayne and everyone else at FunKtion for hosting this event. It was a lot of fun.

Thanks again guys for a great DIY!

I enjoyed tinkering with my car, especially fixing the crooked exhaust!

The DIY on May 17 at Funktion Auto was my first DIY ever. It was a great experience because of the people who attended and the amount of support you get when working on your car. I certainly needed it because of the seized allen head bolt that connected my brake disc to the hub. What I thought would be a simple brake pad and disc replacement that would be finished in 1.5 hours ended up being a whole day affair I could not get the stripped head bolt off. With the help of Wayne, the service manager at FunktionAuto, Oscar, Guy Gerachis, Tony and many others who came over for moral support, in the end, it was Wayne and his buddy (silver M3 owner) who came for the rescue. I learned a lot that day, and after this much excitment, I definitely plan to attend future DIYs. Many thanks to Tony McMullan and Zach Pullins!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by admitmd View Post
    The DIY on May 17 at Funktion Auto was my first DIY ever. It was a great experience because of the people who attended and the amount of support you get when working on your car. I certainly needed it because of the seized allen head bolt that connected my brake disc to the hub. What I thought would be a simple brake pad and disc replacement that would be finished in 1.5 hours ended up being a whole day affair I could not get the stripped head bolt off. With the help of Wayne, the service manager at FunktionAuto, Oscar, Guy Gerachis, Tony and many others who came over for moral support, in the end, it was Wayne and his buddy (silver M3 owner) who came for the rescue. I learned a lot that day, and after this much excitment, I definitely plan to attend future DIYs. Many thanks to Tony McMullan and Zach Pullins!

Steve
    Steve,

I was the Silver M3 guy. Sorry that I didn't come over and start helping sooner, we could have gotten it done sooner

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by admitmd View Post

Steve
    Glad you were able to get the seized set screw out. Hope to see you at the next one.

Tony

Thread Information