Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Name this part?

Thread: Name this part?

Cool Name this part?

I need a little help concerning a part under the hood. Its a canister just to the left of the engine and right of the windshield washer container. Any-who two of the three rubber legs have snapped from old age. I will be replacing the worn parts tomorrow at a DIY, I was just wondering if anyone knew the name of the part I'm referring too! Thanks in advance. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Last edited by 1996 328ti; 05-16-2008 at 07:14 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Cool

No, I think its the Emission Control air pump, here's a picture I received from E46Fanatics forum. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...88&hg=11&fg=50 Thanks Steve.
    Last edited by Zchild; 05-16-2008 at 09:35 PM.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

It definately sounds like the emissions control pump / vaccuum cleaner. It's weight reduction if you rip it out and get a sim for it. It pumps fresh air into the cats during warmup to heat the cats up for efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    No, I think its the Emission Control air pump, here's a picture I received from E46Fanatics forum. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...88&hg=11&fg=50 Thanks Steve.
    Secondary are pump. You will throw a CEL if you remove it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Cool

Yeah, I was getting random CEL's for the last four weeks until I discovered two of the three rubber gromets supporting the air pump were sheered off and the third one was cracked. I replaced all three of them during the DIY at FunkTion Auto today and no more CEL's. The parts were only a mere $20.00 a piece, &17.00 after club discount. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

I would reset your CEL since some codes are still stored in there.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Cool

Thanks Steve, I didn't know that the CEL system stored codes. I will get them cleared out post-haste, you are da man and All-time BMW Guru.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    Thanks Steve, I didn't know that the CEL system stored codes. I will get them cleared out post-haste, you are da man and All-time BMW Guru.
    I've had intermittent 02 faults and the CEL would stay off for a long time. It's just better to clear them out.

Everything I learned is from the internet.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Everything I learned is from the internet.
    LOL

Thread Information