Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
M-3 Oil Pan for racing

Thread: M-3 Oil Pan for racing

M-3 Oil Pan for racing

I have had problems with a temporary loss of oil pressure on high speed turns while racing. Where can I find a slotted / gated oil pan for racing purposes for a 1998 M-3? In particular, I understand that a a gated aluminum oil pan is available for European models. It is probably a special order item.

Where can I find such an item? How much might is cost?

Alternatively, are there other oil pans for racing that may be available for lower cost? I have seen one advertised in Rondel thru VacMotorSports.

I have also seen a one piece weld in baffle for stock oil pans. Will this baffle really do the trick? Any guidance you can offer will be appreciated. Thanks.

There is a baffle kit available through Turner Motorsports for $199.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...T_ID=TMSE36OPB

You'd have to do the work to put the baffles in. I believe the pan that you were talking about from BMW is the same one in the M3 Lightweight, which I would think is a pricey piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    There is a baffle kit available through Turner Motorsports for $199.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...T_ID=TMSE36OPB

You'd have to do the work to put the baffles in. I believe the pan that you were talking about from BMW is the same one in the M3 Lightweight, which I would think is a pricey piece.
    I checked with Turner and, in addition to the kit, they had a used pan with the baffle already welded in. That seemed more convenient that looking around for someone to do the whole job so I took it. Thanks for the tip.

You can find the LTW pans, but expect to pay on the order of $1000 plus for one.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

I have a spare oil pan in my garage if you need it to baffle. Shoot me a PM / email.

Thread Information