Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Wax On - Wax Off

Thread: Wax On - Wax Off

Wax On - Wax Off

Just wanted to share my experince with waxing my 330 CiC. Last fall I purchased the Porter Cable 7424 random orbital polisher from the web.

I bought several pads for the different types of wax/polish I anticipated I would use. This machine applies the correct amount of wax and does a beautiful job. Hand buffing is very easy and waxing my car twice takes about 1 hour. After applying Carnuba wax, the car looks wet!
    Just thought I'd share. Thumbs up for this device.
    Tom
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

How much?

I just got myself the Griot's Garage random orbital and can say the same thing after waxing 5 cars with it already. It cost me $129 + shipping.

I bought mine from Proper Auto Care http://www.properautocare.com/porcabpolac.html for about $149.00. Meguiar's web site was down when I wanted it last fall and I am a HUGE fan of Porter Cable. Done a bit of wood working and Porter Cable is THE best. I'll pay the extra $20.00 to have it last a lifetime.
    I bought all my polish and waxes from Meguiar's on-line. That liquid Carnuba used after a cleaner wax makes her look wet. Wow!
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Quote Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
    I bought mine from Proper Auto Care http://www.properautocare.com/porcabpolac.html for about $149.00. Meguiar's web site was down when I wanted it last fall and I am a HUGE fan of Porter Cable. Done a bit of wood working and Porter Cable is THE best. I'll pay the extra $20.00 to have it last a lifetime.
    I bought all my polish and waxes from Meguiar's on-line. That liquid Carnuba used after a cleaner wax makes her look wet. Wow!
    Nice! I used Meguiar's last year but switched to Griot's now that I bought the machine. I still use Meguiar's Paint Cleaner for the marks where Griot's claybar cant get it. Griot's polishes though gives you great flexibility to how much you need to polish your paint. The 4 degrees of "bite" is excellent. Like me hood needed more polishing than the sides for instance. It's hard to compare the waxes since the Griot's wax was put on with machine and naturally gave a better result than when I did the Meguiar's wax last year. Maybe some added experience gave better results also

I hear Griot is rebadged from another source....+1 on the PC RO buffer....love mine.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    I hear Griot is rebadged from another source....+1 on the PC RO buffer....love mine.

I bet it is too, looks like it. Don't know what it really is though. Maybe I should see if there's any trace of other manufacturer. Not that it matters to me that much. Seems like anything Griot puts his name on has a good grade of quality to it. Though I just recently got stuff from there.

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    Random Orbital is the key ingredient.
    Tom
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Thread Information