Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
They crashed my car , PLEASE HELP

Thread: They crashed my car , PLEASE HELP

Exclamation They crashed my car , PLEASE HELP

1 month ago I bought a certified pre-owned 2006 from a local BMW dealer. At the time of purchase there was an interior cosmetic piece that was broken that had to be special ordered and replaced.

When I took the car in for the part to be replaced, the service department crashed my car.

The damage is to the passengers side read door (sedan) and over the right rear wheel well. There is a decent about of paint exchange (white on my grey car) and the metal is creased above the wheel well

my question to you all is, what is a reasonable compensation that I should ask for ? I am concerned that this will no doubt effect the re sale or trade in value of the vehicle. I have spoken to two different dealers who estimate that it will lower the value of my car anywhere from $$$1,500- 2,500.

I have a few ideas in mind as to what I would ask for but I wanted to get some more tips/advice so if you don't mind please let me know what you think

Banned
    First you might want to speak to an attorney. Accidents happen.
    I would have Wagonwork to the work not dealer especially if they are located just down the street.

I would ask for a new M3 as compensation or you will bad mouth them on every website you know.

Make some phone calls to Mercedes, Lexus and other BMW dealers and speak to their used car manager and get an idea of what the difference in value would be.

Now the question is will you ever return their for service? If not get cash for the difference. If you are get a written agreement for free service equal to the amount of decreased value oin your car. I would value an oil change or major service 1 or II at 50% of the list price.

Do not be nice to them or agreeable. You need to be hard nosed think Hillary Clinton!!! Get everything in writing. Mention talking to your lawyer and going to court. DO NOT TRUST THEM! Get the name and phone number for their insurance company!

Dave Apker and the collies

My advice would be to get a lawyer and have the lawyer contact them directly. It would be worth the cost of the lawyers time to let them know you mean business. If they know you are serious, there is less of a chance that they can steam roll you.

Just my $.02.

I hate to say this - but here goes:

Dealers damage customer cars all the time. Been there - done that. You will most likely find that although they will fix it at their expense - they will be HIGHLY resistant to depreciated value claims and any cost outside of straightforward repair. Threats of lawsuits are unlikely to ruffle any feathers - they get threatened often and sued with some regularity. They have lawyers that do this all the time... so its no big deal to them.

Have it repaired at a facility of YOUR choosing. That is your right (although they will of course prefer THEIR chosen body shop to limit cost to them). If they give you any hard time just demand their insurance information and handle it like any normal accident claim. They will prefer to handle it without their insurer involved (to prevent rising insurance rates)... but they have to provide the info if you demand it.

Good luck!

Thread Information