Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Speed Channel BMW M3 Test drive 3/25
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Speed Channel BMW M3 Test drive 3/25

Speed Channel BMW M3 Test drive 3/25

Speed channel's show Test Drive is featuring the new BMW M3 this Tuesday March 25th at 8pm.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/speed-test-drive/
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Thanks for the reminder.
    Maybe you'll see me in the background?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thanks! Had to make sure I have it in my outlook.

...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Maybe you'll see me in the background?
    Though you were kidding until those pics
    Supercharged '03 530

OK, that program was pretty lame. The memory of the new M3 at the last social was way better, and it was standing still.
    Supercharged '03 530

Banned
    Every thing on Speed is pretty lame these days. There F1 coverage is awful. For Malaysia Stevie di a piece on gearboxes now having to last 4 races. Did Stevie or the team guy mention how they did this or what they changed to get the gearboxes to last. No. Worthless. Varsha is awful and Hobbs has been ready for the assisted living facility. Its been almost 40 years since he was in F1 car.

And Speed isnt going to pan a car they a 30 minute segment on.

Speed's road racing coverage just gets worse and worse. The reality crap is awful but someone needs to pitch a reality program to them involving NCC's drivers' schools. Watch the chief instructor get all stressed out because not enough instructors have responded! Who dropped the ball and didnt forward the insurance certificate to the track! Will the guy with NO2 and the M6 really come to blows with the coordinator because he has to purge the tanks. And finally how good is the chile at Summit Point.

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    OK, that program was pretty lame. The memory of the new M3 at the last social was way better, and it was standing still.
    Glad I am not the only one that thought that. Couldn't of made that show any more boring than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Glad I am not the only one that thought that. Couldn't of made that show any more boring than it was.
    The cut out a lot of funny stuff.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    Shouldnt Speed limit the drivers to only turning left and running on ovals when they test cars and trucks?

And do the cup holders in the new M3 hold a Super Big Gulp?

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Was a marketing Coup for BMW. Using TK to be their lead marketeer now, his opening sequences and blab about the facilities in Munchen, his teases on the autobahn, gag.......

Then the actual time at the Performance Center in SC., Boris' comments made it worth while, but knowing Boris and his wit from some encounters with him at the PTG get together at Summit Point Shenandoah Ckt, I imagine there were quite a few comments that couldn't be put on TV. I wished that they would have had more real track time with the cars not the stupid driver school exercises. Course Andretti's dirt track experience did show up on the skid pad.

Overall, I'd give it a C-, thinly disguised M is for Marketing infomercial!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Of course the highlight of the show was the high overhead shot where you could see our own Steven Schlossman among the handfull of spectators.

Everyone knows these Speed Test Drive shows are infommercials. Next month TK and crew might be doing a new Chevy Impala. I thought the one from two years ago featuring the M5 and Z4 M Coupe was great. It included TK and Joey Hand racing each other around Summit Point in M5s and Hans Stuck going for top speed on the autobahn.

I suggest anyone that doesn't like Speed's F1 announcing crew start watching cartoons or whatever else is on at 7am Sundays. Sure Hobbs and Machette are characters - like Sonny and Sam on the Redskins radio broadcasts. They have quite a following among my friends. Anyone remember how bad Derek Daly and others were on the F1 events CBS covered a few years ago?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I agree, I think it was about a C-. I like TK kept bringing up how you could test the different suspension settings & throttle response (sales pitch). I kept waiting to see a 1-800 number flash across the screen. I think even the LS460 episode was more entertaining...they absolutely abused those land-yahts on the track.

The autocross portion and skidpad sections were the only parts worth watching...I really hope there was some fun to be had off the camera. The whole thing seemed very dry.
    Last edited by ErikT; 03-27-2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: clarification

Whew! I was thinking it was just me. We were at the performance center to pick up an M coupe a few days after they shot that. Saw all the M3's lined up with the driver names on it. The instructors were talking it up like it was some uber-exciting car event. After watching the show on Speed I was thinking "guess you had to be there".

I preferred the format from the E46 M3 issue better FWIW.

More time with the crazy German guy at the M dept, the actual engines, or even some tech suff, would have been nice. The program seemed to have skipped everything that's exciting about the new M3.

A bunch of ya hoos and there opinions don't mean a hell of a lot. At that rate an article in Tuner magazine is worth as much.

Oh well, it's just more incentive to actually show up at club events and see the real deal.
    Supercharged '03 530

Thread Information