Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
VA/MD Road Question

Thread: VA/MD Road Question

VA/MD Road Question

Okay if this is already somewhere on this site and i cant find it, i apologize. Im still relatively new to the VA area and am wondering where you guys go to stretch your cars legs. Are there any good twisties/back roads that arent riddled with traffic around here?

You might look at some of the roads on this page of PAST TOURS.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=92,705,0,0,1,0
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 03-20-2008 at 08:47 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

We keep all of the driving tours in the tours --> past events section.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by lurch09 View Post
    Okay if this is already somewhere on this site and i cant find it, i apologize. Im still relatively new to the VA area and am wondering where you guys go to stretch your cars legs. Are there any good twisties/back roads that arent riddled with traffic around here?
    In my opinion suburban sprawl have taken away all of the good "test tracks" within 30 miles of the Beltway. When I was in college one of my favorites was Georgetown Pike (Rt 193) between Langley and Great Falls. It's now a jammed commuter route.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

There's not a whole lot that's "close in" any more. You used to be able to have some fun in the Clifton, VA area but even that's gotten too crowded lately. US 211 over the mountains is still good, if you go during the week before about 10:00 am., before the squids (and therefore the cops) show up.

Your best bet is to go to West Virginia, but now you are talking about a day trip. US 33 W to Elkins, WV -> US 220 N -> US 50 E is a nice loop. US 50 has low traffic, good sight lines and fast sweepers.
    2002 M3 6MT

Banned
    Roads in Clifton are still fun at on a very early Saturday or Sunday morning. Beware of a burgundy Honda Element.

Try 95S to Rt 610 take Rt 610w until you get Bristerburg Rd. Take a left on Bristersburg, When you get to the T intersection you can go left on Elk Run Rd which will take you to Rt 29 I believe or go right Elk Run Rd. and you run into Rt 28. Take Rt 28 to Liberia and then right on Liberia and then get on PW Parkway. Take Yates or Davis Ford or one of the other roads back into Clifton. the ice cream store is open on wekeends in Clifton. Homemade great ice cream. You can have a great time at the right time of day on Wolf Run Shoals, Henderson, Yates Ford or Davis Ford Rd in Clifton. But obey the speed limit in Clifton. They run radar. Watch out for the roadies on their bikes( Treks, Specialized ) stopped on the other side of blind curve.

Rt 9 to Charlestown from Rt 7 used to be fun. Havent taken in it in years.

Woody the 57 Chevy came out the same year you started college right. I was going to say the Model A but I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt.

Dave Apker and the collies

Joplin Rd bordering Prince William Forest, Rt 213 between Warrenton and Skyline drive, Clifton area as mentioned.

Check out http://motorcycleroads.us/

That website is great, it also has a legend to twistie, scenic, etc. Just promise you'll stay in your lane, and keep your eyes up for motorcycles.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

summit point motorsports park.

here's a thread started on another board

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124955
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Route 647 from I-66 (Exit 27 near Marshall) to the village of Flint Hill. A beer and light meal at the Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill will top it off. Or you could do a more formal dinner at the Publick House or the Four and Twenty Blackbirds.

Harpers Ferry Road from the Maryland side of the Potomac at Harpers Ferry to Sharpsburg.
    This roller coaster can be dangerous if you're not looking out for the blind dips that can put the car airborne as you're turning. The club has used this route several times on our tours. I know someone that had a summer home near Boonesboro who refused to use this road. Some people just don't get it.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Banned
    Woody,

When you went to college weren't the elite public universities in VA still single sex? Did you help Ted Kennedy cheat?

Dave Apker and the collies

I'm not old enough to get the joke....
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    I'm not old enough to get the joke....
    You are not missing anything.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information