Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Bent wheel?

Thread: Bent wheel?

Bent wheel?

I have a wheel with what I would call a minor bend in it - looks like it hit a pothole maybe? About 2 inches of the rim are just a little flattened. I bought the car (E46 M3 with 18" wheels) last year as a certified pre-owned from a BMW dealer in Philly and it was there at the time so BMW considered fine for the certification process. I've had no issues with it, but will be attending a driver's school at Summit Point Main. Is this something that would need to be fixed before getting on the track? If so, any recommendations on where to go to have it straightened out?

I am pretty sure that the track/auto X gurus here would recommend that you fix the wheel - besides it seems like the safer thing to do.

I had a problem with one of my rims and got it fixed through the guys at Radial Tire at Silver Spring.

other recommendations that I had got were
    1. Wheel Worx in Maryland
    2. Ye Olde Wheel Shop in MD
    3. And then there is this roving Wheel Repair fellow out of Chantilly - seen the van driving around on 28 - but never really paid attention.
    4. I notice you are in Tyson's Corner - HBL and the Audi dealership have someone who comes in once a week to do their work - you could get his contact from them as well.

Thanks - I call around to the places you recommended. The "bend" is very minor, but since I can see it I would rather have it taken care of before hitting the track. HBL is walking distance, so that might work out best.

If I remember right HBL had recommended I walk across to the Audi dealership and check with them.

Thread Information