Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Suspension Opinions Sought - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suspension Opinions Sought

FSD and Stock Non-Sport Springs?

So, do I have to re-spring or can I use the stock non-sport springs that I have with the FSDs? In other works do I need sport springs to use the FSDs?

I am expecting to install these myself at one of the coming DIY's, most like the one coming up in May, and at this point I am leaning towards the FSDs primarily as the consensus from what I've read here and elsewhere is they offer a quite civilized ride while firming things up nicely when you are opening things up.

And what is the typical lifetime of springs? As I understand the FSD's have a lifetime warranty should I just go ahead and replace the springs now while I'm in there or are the springs going to last the lifetime of the car?
    Last edited by jojomosgo; 03-11-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Others may disagree as this is the internet and you'll get 1000 different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomosgo View Post
    So, do I have to re-spring or can I use the stock non-sport springs that I have with the FSDs? In other works do I need sport springs to use the FSDs?
    No, yes, no. They should work fine with your stockers.

And what is the typical lifetime of springs? As I understand the FSD's have a lifetime warranty should I just go ahead and replace the springs now while I'm in there or are the springs going to last the lifetime of the car?
    How long do you keep your cars?

I probably keep them too long. I also have an 87 325i Convertible that I've had since 1990. It probably needs new shocks too. I still have the original front shock on it, rears needed to be replaced along with the shock tower bushings. I'm a bit surprised the life of the e46 stock shocks is so short. I suppose I could just suffer with them for another 20K miles but that why would I do that?

Thanks for all the advice. At this point I'm leaning towards the FSD and the stock springs.

Thread Information