Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC May 31 - June 1 Drivers' School @ Jefferson Circuit - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NCC May 31 - June 1 Drivers' School @ Jefferson Circuit

Got mine too. 15 days at Summit Point circuits - but first 2 at the Jeff. Time to find some video...

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post
    Got mine too. 15 days at Summit Point circuits - but first 2 at the Jeff. Time to find some video...
    If you do find a video, I believe you will be going in race direction one day, and counter race the other.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by TMB_540i View Post
    I received my acceptance notice e-mail last night. See you at the track!
    +1
    We are coming three people:
    - one BMW guy(myself)
    - one Evo IX guy (my borother)
    - one Evo X guy (a friend)

its gonna be fun.
    First time on Jeff track though...

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    If you do find a video, I believe you will be going in race direction one day, and counter race the other.
    Should be interesting. Already found some Youtube vids - looks like a nice handling track although shorter than say Lime Rock Park, so reversing it seems like a good idea to keep it fresh both days.

The Jefferson is a sweet track. Some don't like it because it is not very fast and it is short. Others, like me, like it because it is very technical with alot of hidden speed. Futhermore, it is a comparatively forgiving track where oopsies do not equal smacking a wall like Watkins Glen or even the Shenendoah. It is also a good track for those of us without big horsepower. There is little room for the big boys to stretch their legs and get away from us pesky corner lovers. Lets all close our eyes and hope for rain because there is no slipperier track than the Jeff once it gets wet --- YEEE HAW!!
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

You must miss it, Dave, judging from the frequency of your commentary on this message board! Bring the collies!

BonBahn

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    I am so glad I am no longer drivers school coordinator. And I thought I missed it. The smell of hot brakes and warm fluids in the morning WVA mist. The knot in my stomach on Sunday after lunch hoping we could make ith through the weekend without an incident but realizing the odds were against it since the runs after lunch on Sunday are when you have the best chance for an incident.

I use to walk the paddock and grid and was always 100% accurate in my predictions for problem students.

I be in Berryville the week before at a 3 day herding trial. For 8 runs and maybe 60 minutes of run time total over 3 days its costing me $360. And beleive it not a herding trial is more dangerous than a driving school!

And I have free schools for life.

Dave Apker and the collies
    BonBahn

Is the BBQ open to all members, or just DS participants?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Is the BBQ open to all members, or just DS participants?
    All members.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Can't wait! My wife is doing her first track day. We're both very excited. What a great way to celebrate our 20th anniversary!
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Thanks everyone for the rain prayers. They worked like a charm and made for one of the most enjoyable events in recent memory. Colin, thanks for the Firework show!
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    ... because there is no slipperier track than the Jeff once it gets wet --- YEEE HAW!!
    Lime Rock "might" be worse, but they're at least close. Guess your rain dance worked.

First time on the Jeff, having put it off after hearing that it was too short, too tight and no fun, but I actually enjoyed it a lot - both directions. It will definitely be added as a track I do at least once a year. In fact, I'd love that as my first track day of the year as opposed to say approaching T1 at Main at 12X mph after not having driven since October.

It's easy on the fuel use as well...

The Jefferson skid pad

I personally had a blast this past weekend. I learned more car control skills on the wet track Saturday at the instruction of Davis Ortiz then I could have / would have in months of dry track driving. And I must say I was a bit “concerned” about my first wet track experience . . . . .

David you were the best I and was fortunate to be able to spend the weekend connected to your headset. You were patient and predicted every screw up I or the drivers around us were about to make, I learned a lot.

Also once again I found the entire event to be well organized, run on schedule and with enthusiasm and professionalism. Everyone always wants to help, share car tips, driving tips and just be friendly and accepting.

I'm hooked.

Thanks everyone.

John
    John Rock

follow the E30 track car build . . .
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681791

Unhappy lost pocket knife

Anyone find a little silver handled pocket knife with a black lanyard on it? The maker is TiNives and I believe I had it in my pocket on Saturday. I peeked in both of my students' cars with no luck, but who knows. People who know me know I have a little addiction to knives and watches along with cars so this little knife is kinda special to me.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

I had a great time too. First time to Summit, even though it's only 45 mins from home and 15 minutes from the office. DO we know if the ppl taking pictures published them to a site? I may be interested in buying some now that I have the cash. The skidpad was fun and educational too!

~Phil

RRT Racing Crew Member

Thread Information